Sign in to follow this  
Ed Kammerman

Gauges and switches, knobs on resumed flight

Hi all,

So here's my problem. Upon saving a flight using the ; key,  when I go to resume the flight no gauges,  switches and knobs are unavailable. I'm using Radar Contact for ATC. All 777 panel state files are where they belong and FS and RC files are where they belong. As per SOP I load FSX with the trike, then I load the aircraft I'm using at departure airport and gate. Park aircraft at a gate, then load the following ASN,Avialasoft EFB and then FSX Booster Live. Load flight from RC's Rcd option. Then the above mentioned problem occurs. And yes I've searched forums but haven't found a workable solution.

Thanks in advance

You didn't mention it so I need to add that you must exit FSX and restart it before loading a saved flight.  I'm a little confused with your problem description because you say when you resume after saving it doesn't work.  Do you mean resume after loading?  Load flight from RC's RCD option? This reads like you are using Radar Contact to load the previously saved flight.

Also, I can't help with the  ; key, I've always used the menu save flight item to save flights and assign a saved flight name.

Have you tried to eliminate all the other potential sources of trouble?  Start FSX and load the flight, don't start EFB or Booster and see what happens.

Dan Downs KCRP

Ed,

The problem with resuming a Radar Contact flight is that you're essentially loading the 777 on top of itself: something that is known to cause issues. To resume a Radar Contact flight, rather than loading the 777 flight where you left off, load the default flight. When you start the RC flight, it'll then take you to the right place in the 777. This can cause problems as well but is much more likely to work ok. I restart ProATC/X flights this way all the time with generally good results. Good luck!

By the way, if anyone knows a way to restart a RC or ProATC/X flight without first loading a flight, please do let us know how you do it.

Walter Meier

You're welcome. Glad it worked. And yes, it's not uncommon in flightsimming for things that once worked to stop working for no apparent reason. Too many interconnections, I suppose.

Walter Meier