Sign in to follow this  
macwino

Anyone using a PFC USB Throttle Quadrant w/ AirfoilLabs C172?

I am interested in purchasing the C172 for use with XP 11, but want to first make sure that the plane's mixture control will work with my PFC USB Throttle Quadrant.

I ask this question because the developer of the Reality Expansion Packs has advised me that their software won't respond to the prop and mixture controls of a PFC USB TQ. I am hoping this is not the case with the AirfoilLabs C172.

Thanks, Robert

Yes it works on my end ! The plane is still heavy on frames, even with low rez on my system.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Eric, that's good to know. Thanks.

BTW, do you have any experience with the Reality Expansion Packs that might contradict what their developer told me? 

I prefer the default 172 vs the Airfoilabs 172 ! I get about 21FPS airfoil vs 30 default. I don't like how the Airfoilabs viewpoint is looking slight down at the instrument panel. You can change the viewpoint but then the instrument panel looks strange. Kind of hard to explain.  

I have the Reality Expansion Pack for for the Carenado CT210 for XP-10. It's not optimized for XP-11 but It seems to work pretty good ! But the mixture control is off. If you pull the mixture control out more then 1/4-1/2 of it's travel then fuel gets cutoff. So it works but you have to be gentle with mixture control. The prop works good, but I am not sure why the developer cant get mixture to function correctly ? But to be honest I don't remember if it was issue in XP-10. I barely flew it since I didn't really care for having to do a walk around, and then I kept flooding the engine when starting. 

Addendum - I uninstalled REP in the CT210 and the mixture is still a issue, so it might be a Carenado bug or a bug with Carenado XP-10 planes in XP-11.     

Edited by strider1

Eric Escobar

Eric, thanks again for your input. If I decide to go with the AirfoilLabs C172 I'll add my experience to this post.

As far as the Carenado planes with REP, I guess I'll just have to first get a Carenado plane, give it a try to see how its mixture control works, and then decide where to go from there.

9 hours ago, macwino said:

Eric, thanks again for your input. If I decide to go with the AirfoilLabs C172 I'll add my experience to this post.

As far as the Carenado planes with REP, I guess I'll just have to first get a Carenado plane, give it a try to see how its mixture control works, and then decide where to go from there.

Keep in mind that the Carenado planes that use REP are not optimized for XP-11 yet, so when they do become optimized you might have to repurchase them again if you want the 11 version.

Eric Escobar