Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

First flight with 2213

I did my first flight today with the latest version 2213. It was from ENGM to EKCH. It went perfectly except for when I contacted the tower before take off, I was cleared even though I had an aircraft in front of mye and one on final. When I was on final, an aircraft taxied on to the runway just as I was coming over the threshold.

NAX669.png

This program has no knowledge of these virtual aircraft.  Just carry on and takeoff as they will likely not move.  Got into a line up the other day and foolish me I waited.  Finally taxied right through them.  Love bumping to the beginning of the line.

1 hour ago, JeB1952 said:

This program has no knowledge of these virtual aircraft.  Just carry on and takeoff as they will likely not move.  Got into a line up the other day and foolish me I waited.  Finally taxied right through them.  Love bumping to the beginning of the line.

I know that P2A doesn't control them but it must be at least partially aware of them on the runway because when the aircraft pulled out on the runway just ahead of me, I was told to go around.

NAX669.png

That is correct.  P2A is aware of AI Traffic and interacts with the pilot to give traffic notifications, go-arounds and holds to avoid disasters.  It just does not do any of the AI Traffic controlling. 

Also, it only sees the AI Traffic that is visible via FSUIPC.  This includes all "native" AI Traffic and some 3rd Party traffic.  To know if your AI Traffic is visible, just turn on the Traffic in the moving map and if it's visible there, P2A is aware of it.

Dave