Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

fs2002 pro

Guest daveusmc

I am running FS 2002 Pro w/ Win XP. with have add-ons installed, but can't figure out the one that could be causing this error.Upon booting the sim, I get a message stating third party software is found [GUAGESgps.GUA] and I select from the 2 choices to have the software run. I get this error when I select an a/c as well.NO GPS!!I can't get GPS to come up on most of the aircraft in my library, including the Default a/c.What the hell did I do here?I have the most recent FSUIPC from Pete and is a pay version if this helps.Any suggestions?Thank's,DJ

If the GPS isn't coming up, I wonder if your FS2002 GPS got replaced with FS2004's during an add-on install. A pet peeve of mine are add-on developers packaging default gauges into their add-ons, which risks overwriting one version with the "wrong" version.Check the datestamp of the gps gauge in your gauges folder. If it's reading 2003 or later, then it's likely that's what happened. A CD restore (extraction from the .cab file) would be the only way to get the original back.-John