Sign in to follow this  
regis9

What does FSW do that other sims don't?

Hello, I've been reading through this forum, both the positive and negative feedback, and I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around what FSW does better (or has the potential to do better) than say P3Dv3 other than being 64 bit, which most of us assume will happen with P3Dv4.  Windshield rain looks cool, but that's not enough on its own.  

In short if I'm happy with P3Dv3, and likely will be more so with v4, what does FSW offer me?  Where does FSW fit in the flightsim market?  Maybe it is more for casual users and it's not meant for me, if so fair enough.

I get that it's vanilla right now, and my P3D is heavily added on to, but even as a base sim, it's not clear what the advantages are of FSW.

I'm not looking to bash FSW, just genuinely curious and wondering if I'm missing something.

Thanks

Dave

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Direct answer to the title:

Does not run out of VAS.

_______

The end

• Upvote 1

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

64bit. That's it!

Vanilla FSX is so far ahead in features that it's amazing that FSW is being labeled a modern sim. Ludicrous!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Rain on the windscreen

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 minutes ago, DJJose said:

64bit. That's it!

Vanilla FSX is so far ahead in features that it's amazing that FSW is being labeled a modern sim. Ludicrous!

Why not wait until is a complete product (whenever that is) before comparing it? 

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Rain on the windscreen

That's a feature that many devs added to their payware planes for FSX. Nothing new there.

Check out Lotus sim L39, Realair's Duke, and Bay Tower's RV 7. They have some of the best VC rain effects for FSX.

Edited by DJJose

14 minutes ago, frankielera said:

Why not wait until is a complete product (whenever that is) before comparing it? 

Maybe your familiar with the long threads created by DTG asking the community for feedback only to release an incomplete beta game.

Now they want more feedback. Since I did not contribute back then, I'm doing it now.

Is that ok with you?

• Upvote 2

because it's all about the money. company has to make profits won't they ? big 3rd party companies like

PMDG and Aerosoft may or won't be joining FSW, because they feel they won't need it.  They are making enough profit going by

independence,without joining FSW.   however,  once many simmers starts to convert to FSW,

pmdg and aerosoft will start to make planes for FSW.  time will tell. 

Edited by flyalways

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

....Now they want more feedback. Since I did not contribute back then, I'm doing it now.

Is that ok with you?

Why not do it a more appropriate thread rather than hijack this one?

Andy L

10 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

Why not do it a more appropriate thread rather than hijack this one?

Andy L

I answered a question. Why not stop trolling?

Edited by DJJose

17 minutes ago, flyalways said:

because it's all about the money. company has to make profits won't they ? big 3rd party companies like

PMDG and Aerosoft may or won't be joining FSW, because they feel they won't need it.  They are making enough profit going by

independence,without joining FSW.   however,  once many simmers starts to convert to FSW,

pmdg and aerosoft will start to make planes for FSW.  time will tell. 

"Many simmers converting to FSW", I think you have a long wait for that to happen.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

26 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Maybe your familiar with the long threads created by DTG asking the community for feedback only to release an incomplete beta game.

Now they want more feedback. Since I did not contribute back then, I'm doing it now.

Is that ok with you?

If this was the "final product", I'd agree with you but it's not.

3 minutes ago, frankielera said:

If this was the "final product", I'd agree with you but it's not.

If your confident that DTG is going to listen to our suggestions, then you can wait and see. Based on what I've seen so far, I'm not. Sorry about that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

If your confident that DTG is going to listen to our suggestions, then you can wait and see. Based on what I've seen so far, I'm not. Sorry about that.

I had some issues with a few  Train Sim add on's that were brand new, and certain functions didn't work properly. I found modifications that I did to get them to work, and sent them to DTG and also posted on their forums. A year later, those items were still not fixed by DTG. This is the way they do business. 

• Upvote 3