Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

How to Report Bugs to Dovetail Games

Hello AVSIM! Thank you for much for your continued support of Flight Sim World. I just wanted to let you know that we have a couple of ways to report bugs/issues to our development team. 

If you are having issues starting the sim, please visit dovetailgames.kayako.com and submit a ticket, then our team will help you get started.

To report bugs in-sim, please use our Bug Reporting Form

If you are are running at minimum/recommended spec and getting low FPS, please fill out our Optimization Form

For one-on-one troubleshooting, please contact our Customer Support team by submitting a ticket at dovetailgames.kayako.com 

For suggestions, recommendations, etc, please give us a shout on the flightsimworld.com forums where your feedback will be recorded.

@DTG_Cryss and myself will be hanging out here as well and will try to answer as many questions as we can. 

Thanks once again for your support and I wish you all happy flying!

Aimee

• Upvote 2

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Suggestions for your form:

• Save sim version and system information so it doesn't need to be entered each time, or collect this automatically
  • Add a facility to upload a screenshot

Barry Friedman

On the steam you can upload screenshots from FSW and put comments under it just by F12Key and uploading. DTG will see them.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Hi Aimee,

Suggest you get this thread stickied otherwise it'll just fall off the first page.

Give people power to really test their personality.

Can someone please pin this post? Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I've filed a few bugs using the bug reporting form but had no acknowledgement from DTG. Is there some way to see if they were received?

Barry Friedman

8 hours ago, fshobby said:

I've filed a few bugs using the bug reporting form but had no acknowledgement from DTG. Is there some way to see if they were received?

Hi Barry,

The bug form isn't designed to be responded to, it is us collecting data from you guys and putting it on our fix list. 

If you are looking for customer support, you can find them at dovetailgames.kayako.com. They are the ones who will get back to you!

I'll amend the OP with this as well.

Aimee

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

On 5/22/2017 at 1:58 AM, DTG_Aimee said:

Hello AVSIM! Thank you for much for your continued support of Flight Sim World. I just wanted to let you know that we have a couple of ways to report bugs/issues to our development team. 

If you are having issues starting the sim, please visit dovetailgames.kayako.com and submit a ticket, then our team will help you get started.

To report bugs in-sim, please use our Bug Reporting Form

If you are are running at minimum/recommended spec and getting low FPS, please fill out our Optimization Form

For one-on-one troubleshooting, please contact our Customer Support team by submitting a ticket at dovetailgames.kayako.com 

For suggestions, recommendations, etc, please give us a shout on the flightsimworld.com forums where your feedback will be recorded.

@DTG_Cryss and myself will be hanging out here as well and will try to answer as many questions as we can. 

Thanks once again for your support and I wish you all happy flying!

Aimee

Hi Aimee,

The link you posted for the optimization form just leads to the bug reporting form.

2 minutes ago, fsxkitty said:

Hi Aimee,

The link you posted for the optimization form just leads to the bug reporting form.

Ahh... Fixing now!

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Had my first crash to the desktop after the update. Is there not a log file which could be sent like XP 11?

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Thing is, what counts as a bug and what is a feature request?

Submitted a few last night after a flight from Wick to Inverness but there are quite a few issues that I left out. For example:

Pausing the game does not allow any adjustment of dials or cockpit elements. In FS9 and FSX, pause is effectively your co-pilot and allows you to set up your instruments and radios without flying the plane.

I did include a comment about landclass - parts of Scotland which should be bracken/heather "dun" colour hills or craggy mountains are simply painted with the default field pattern. Looks way off. For a program that initially at least is being sold on GA/VFR flight, critical to get this right. Later on, I'm going to check out the Canary Islands and see what they look like.

Simplified (FS style) autopilot is a must. Now it may be this is not feature complete but the "technical" autopilot included on some of the panels is not very user friendly. If you just want a casual sightseeing flight - as presumably many of the intended audience will be doing - there needs to be the option of a simplified system. Also needs to be a prominent switch to choose NAV/GPS and buttons to bring up items such as the GPS box from FSX.

I tried the ATC. Strewth. Sounds like they have all been on Nytol the speed (lack of) at which the messages is read. Fine when it's only you and one or two AI aircraft but a few months down the road when we are running Heathrow with a full scheduled airliner service it will take two hours to get through to the controller. The comms need to be short and snappy. And, as an aside, at Inverness with no other aircraft around, the tower decided to give me a go around. Which I ignored and landed anyway.

Finally, free flight does not appear to be getting logged in your pilot profile for hours flown, landings made etc. etc. (I might report that one as a bug).

Appreciate any bug / missing feature reports that get shot through. 

Regarding logging flight hours, you need to select a destination airport (don't have to land at it), but you do have to land at an airport for the hours to log currently. 

If you're experiencing any erratic behaviour beyond that, then let me know. 

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

Yes I found you don`t even have to select a destination airport, select a start airport then confirm you can then fly around land at the same airport and it is logged , I use this for testing settings in FSW,

Ray Fry. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Interesting! I did a flight from KORD but didn't specify any airport as a destination.

I landed at KGYY (which I know best, and the log shows

Landing at KORD - Failed!

Landing at KGYY - 28.3 minutes (or some such)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

@DTG Aimee @DTG_Cryss So how long does it take to get a response to a submitted support ticket?

Thanks, Robert

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy