Sign in to follow this  
Jammin16

(PFPX) Professional Flight Planner X

Hi I would like to ask if there is anybody who knows you can use

Aerosoft Professional Flight Planner X to FSX steam ???

Hi 

yes no problems, I use it all the time. 

Cheers

Steve

PFPX operates independently of FSX, P3D or any simulator.  It creates flight plans using weather and other sources to give the best plan (usually) and dispatch for fuel and other items.  

I use it mainly for flight plan export (refer to flight aware for FPs and create them in PFPX) then apply the appropriate weights and payloads to obtain my fuel.  It has a lot of features I don't use.  I also only use it for the PMDG 737, 747 and Majestic Dash 8.  Not for smaller planes.  

Once created you can export the FP to the sim and import that into Active Sky 2016 or appropriate program.  I like it. It's worth it to me even though some people think it's too complicated and unnecessary.  I can create a FP with the data I truly need in 10 minutes or so.  Easy. 

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I love PFPX. As said above it's independent of the sim so I use it with both FSX and X-Plane when flying airliners.

Gone are the days where I had to use guesswork to work out how much fuel to load and what my engine de-rates should be. PFPX does it all for you. I've also learnt a lot about ETOPS operations and planning since I started using it. It's a very powerful and useful tool if you primarily fly airliners.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

On 21/5/2017 at 11:14 PM, Orlaam said:

PFPX operates independently of FSX, P3D or any simulator.  It creates flight plans using weather and other sources to give the best plan (usually) and dispatch for fuel and other items.  

I use it mainly for flight plan export (refer to flight aware for FPs and create them in PFPX) then apply the appropriate weights and payloads to obtain my fuel.  It has a lot of features I don't use.  I also only use it for the PMDG 737, 747 and Majestic Dash 8.  Not for smaller planes.  

Once created you can export the FP to the sim and import that into Active Sky 2016 or appropriate program.  I like it. It's worth it to me even though some people think it's too complicated and unnecessary.  I can create a FP with the data I truly need in 10 minutes or so.  Easy. 

Hello Chris
I have not been able to export a flight plan from PFPX to the MJ Dash8 Q-400. In your post, you say you can do it. How do you do it because in the export menu this airplane does not appear.

Thanks for answering
Paul

Pablo Chiabrera

6 hours ago, Pablojc said:

Hello Chris
I have not been able to export a flight plan from PFPX to the MJ Dash8 Q-400. In your post, you say you can do it. How do you do it because in the export menu this airplane does not appear.

Thanks for answering
Paul

It doesn't export to MJ Dash-8. There is utility in MJ forums that convert any route you type in or paste to MJ format.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

On 7/22/2017 at 6:07 AM, Pablojc said:

Hello Chris

Thanks for answering
Paul

Well, what I meant was that I don't export to the FP to the plane.  I enter it manually on all of them.  Personal preference.  I only export the flight plan to FSX for Active Sky Wx.  And use PFPX for fuel and other metrics.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Ok Chris, I understood and could do the fp and copied in the folder of the MJ Q400. Now all working well.

thanks for your help
Paul

Pablo Chiabrera