Sign in to follow this  
kfd

Fed Up

7 minutes ago, DJJose said:

The constructive criticism & solemn requests are justified. There's a history established on these forums.

I'd bet that if we did a poll of all the unhappy DTG simmers, that most would say that they want FSW to succeed.

Agree to that. I want them to succeed also. 

Dwight Heyer

21 minutes ago, dheyer said:

I have FSX boxed , P3D2.5, XP10,11 and now FSW. When I first opened FSW I thought 'you're kidding'. Some betas are better than others.  

Except that it is more like an alpha. And therein lies one of the problems. A game has been released that is inferior to the game that it is trying to emulate/succeed. Also all this 64bit hype! All 64bit means is better use of a larger memory. On most of the videos I have seen the brakes don't work. Is that an indication that a brakes DLC is in the pipline?

Edited by vololiberista

11 minutes ago, vololiberista said:

Except that it is more like an alpha. And therein lies one of the problems. A game has been released that is inferior to the game that it is trying to emulate/succeed. On most of the videos I have seen the brakes don't work. Is that an indication that a brakes DLC is in the pipline?

Lol! Agreed! DTG is known (or infamous) for releasing DLC for just about every kind of function within a game they develop. Besides, they're selling FSW relatively cheap...

I makes you wonder what targer audience FSW is aimed for?! Is it (really) for hard-core deskchair-pilots (who's used to play FSX/P3D)? If that's the case, I don't really understand the decision of removing the Scenery Library (I know, it still exists, but it's not accessible within the simulator). Real world weather option? 

Actually, IMO they could have released a vanilla version of FSX:SE in 64-bits and I would be thrilled... :smile:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 minutes ago, Anders Gron said:

Actually, IMO they could have released a vanilla version of FSX:SE in 64-bits and I would be thrilled... :smile:

That would have been better.

Agreed.

DTG is in a lose-lose-lose position with respect to this community. The community doesn't seem to understand where software entertainment has gone in the last 10 years. (No, spending hours learning to fly a B-17 doesn't mean it's not entertainment, and FSX is no less a game than FSW).

DTG is just doing what many other developers are trying to do. They want to benefit from what is almost a universal platform at this point: Steam. The open beta is really cheap. If they didn't have a beta people would complain that they didn't engage with the community. Personally, I often wait months after an official release by big companies because it takes time for bugs to be worked out. Steam and other developers take a cut from DLC and yet we're in a golden age of PC gaming, largely because of increased accessibility and availability. Everyone is benefiting. 

It's fine if people are saying, "this is not replacing my favorite sim" but I really don't understand why people expect DTG to act differently than other game developers or to meet the coding standards of Microsoft (which still has people complain about it all the time). They may not succeed, but I hope they do.

6 minutes ago, Anders Gron said:

Lol! Agreed! DTG is known (or infamous) for releasing DLC for just about every kind of function within a game they develop. Besides, they're selling FSW relatively cheap...

I makes you wonder what targer audience FSW is aimed for?! Is it (really) for hard-core deskchair-pilots (who's used to play FSX/P3D)? If that's the case, I don't really understand the decision of removing the Scenery Library (I know, it still exists, but it's not accessible within the simulator). Real world weather option? 

What is the problem with DLC? Most people are already spending huge amounts of money for addons. Steam and DTG taking cuts hasn't stopped Trainsim DLC.

I do think they want this to be FSX 10.5 but people would crap on them if they tried to make money on updating it ("why am I paying for an update and bug fixes!") and if the billions of addons didn't immediately work ("They shouldn't have released it if all expensive addons don't work with DX11 and 64 bits). They're starting small. Again, it's lose-lose for DTG.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

believe it's because many of the people have above average intelligence

Oh, this is so not true...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Raven9000 said:

Oh, this is so not true...

Indeed! There's several threads, which are evidence to the contrary :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think that after they pulled the plug on Flight School, that left a bad taste in in everyone's mouth, so by releasing an early release of FSW, it would appease the people that bought FS, and it also showed that they also had not given up on FSW. Probably the money that this brought in was minimal at best. 

Pulled the plug on Flight School?! They gave Flight Sim World, which at release is far better than flight school with more planes, for free! They upgraded Flight School owners if anything!

• Upvote 3

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I think we should all be happy that we have all these choices when it comes to flight simming today. Let's be happy DTG carries on the torch that MS initially turned off when they shut down the Aces studios.

Let DTG do their thing, if you do not like unfinished products then stay away from Early Access titles. It's all in the disclaimer on the Steam store.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

Pulled the plug on Flight School?! They gave Flight Sim World, which at release is far better than flight school with more planes, for free! They upgraded Flight School owners if anything!

That is exactly what I said..... ???????

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

You need to spend some time with this sim before panning it...

I've now got my NI settings in place, LOD radius at 4.5, and my RealAir Scout transferred.

With that, this is quite enjoyable - and I am taking it for flights to places I know like KTPA

and KSFO..

One thing I notice is much less autogen popping, smooth flight all the way, and nice cockpit shadows..

My video card has never worked as hard though...  :cool:

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 4

Bert

24 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

My video card has never worked as hard though...  :cool:

And that is exactly what we have been asking for, for the last 6 years. 

• Upvote 4

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson