Sign in to follow this  
madddawg44

new activation

2 hours ago, Libra204 said:

Hello

I have the same problem, i get the Unable to activate, contact tech support message. 

When I try to create a user for tech support, it returns the message that the email address is already in use despite the fact that I have never created a user for the support forum, only for the regular website to purchase planes.

Can any please advise how to proceed?

Thanks

Csaba

Real names in the forum please first and last are required.

Press Login and then click the forgot password link. Put your email there and submit. an email will be sent on the email you entered.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

6 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Real names in the forum please first and last are required.

Press Login and then click the forgot password link. Put your email there and submit. an email will be sent on the email you entered.

Thanks, I have sent a ticket.

Tagai Csaba

Dear all,

i have also problems with the reactivation for my MD-11X. It's the download version.

I start the setup-file. I fill in the required fields with the correct data and then the error message comes:

Unable to validate your license. Please contact the PMDG Technical support.

I hope you can help me by this problem,

HI,

I see that everyone is having issues with activating the PMDG Legacy products, and it appears to me that this is in relation to the updated system that was implemented just last week or so. We were trying to install the PMDG MD-11 for FSX just last night, November 26, 2017, and this is the exact message we're getting, "Please contact PMDG Tech Support." Yes, the correct e-mail and password was entered! I went to the PMDG store where the MD-11 was purchased, and I don't see anywhere where you submit a support ticket. Out of all the replies posted here, not one in my opinion has answered the real question as to what's going on, but here's what I found.

I found 2 articles posted in the knowledge base website that seems to relate to the topics posted here, and nothing has been posted here about it. It says they're working on a solution, sorry for the inconvenience. Here's are the articles:

Legacy Product (pre 2009 releases) Activation System Offline

On 13NOV17, we implemented a significant upgrade to our eCommerce system which modernized the encryption methods used by our internal systems. Shortly after this update we became aware of the fact that the older activation method employed by our legacy (Pre 2009 Publication Date) products was incompatible with the new levels of security.

While we officially ended support for the last of these legacy products in January of 2015, we do feel it is important that you should be able to install the product and operate it if you have a legitimate license to do so. As such, we are dedicating development time to updating the activation method used by these older products in order to ensure customer access to them for years to come.

In the mean time, we apologize for the inconvenience, but we promise to keep working on a solution.

PMDG Support.

Here's the 2nd article:

Password Confirmation/Reset Email Not Received?

Today we updated our eCommerce system, and with this update newer, enhanced privacy measures have been put into place.  The next time you sign in, you may be asked to reset your password and an email confirmation will be sent to your registered email account in order to confirm the change.

If you do not receive the email, we have a few recommendations for you to follow:

Make certain to check the email that you registered as your PMDG eCommerce account email.  This is the email to which the confirmation link will go.

Check your junkmail/spam filter

Exempt @precisionmanuals.com from your spam filter.

If have trouble, please contact us here at support - but please try these recommendations first.

Published: November 13 at 7:41 PM

They don't say when they would have the problem fixed. So, It seems to me that since they've implemented the updated system, the old activation system no longer works and they're having to work on that solution. Does anyone know about how long that will be?

Ken Manning 

5 hours ago, kmanning said:

HI,

I see that everyone is having issues with activating the PMDG Legacy products, and it appears to me that this is in relation to the updated system that was implemented just last week or so. We were trying to install the PMDG MD-11 for FSX just last night, November 26, 2017, and this is the exact message we're getting, "Please contact PMDG Tech Support." Yes, the correct e-mail and password was entered! I went to the PMDG store where the MD-11 was purchased, and I don't see anywhere where you submit a support ticket. Out of all the replies posted here, not one in my opinion has answered the real question as to what's going on, but here's what I found.

I found 2 articles posted in the knowledge base website that seems to relate to the topics posted here, and nothing has been posted here about it. It says they're working on a solution, sorry for the inconvenience. Here's are the articles:

They don't say when they would have the problem fixed. So, It seems to me that since they've implemented the updated system, the old activation system no longer works and they're having to work on that solution. Does anyone know about how long that will be?

Ken Manning 

Ken,

Tickets are submitted at support.precisionmanuals.com

We are working to bring the legacy activation back on line.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

15 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Ken,

Tickets are submitted at support.precisionmanuals.com

We are working to bring the legacy activation back on line.

That's good news. Hopefully they fix the legacy activation problems. As I many have Windows 10 and when Fall Creators Update became set then some issues appeared in FSX Acceleration with PMDG, iFly, Level-D. I mean we might have to reinstall Windows 10 and the legacy PMDG will need Activation again. So, if the legacy activation is back then all should be fine again. Happy Flight.

Patricio Valdes