Sign in to follow this  
Nick01

FSUIPC/WideFS install

Firgive me if discussed elsewhere. I use both FSX-SE and P3D. I have a purchased licenses for Pete Dowson's most recent versions of both FSUIPC and WideFS. When I installed FSUIPC on my simulator (server) PC, I only entered the FSUIPC key and not the WideFS key also. I verified this in my FSUIPC log file where it states that only FSUIPC is registered, not WideFS. I want to run Wide FS on my client PCs. How can I add the WideFS registration key to my already-installed FSUIPC program? Do i need to uninstall it and then reinstall it from scratch? If so, how do I do this? Or do I just rerun the installation of the same version all over again? Or is there some other method? Just dont want to screw up a successful install. Thank you very much!

WideFS Server is installed and runs on your "server" i.e., the system running FSX/P3D. It is part of the FSUIPC installer pacakge these days. Re-run the installer on your FSX/P3D system and register both at that time, then you use the separate WideFS Client app on your "client" PC to connect your remote apps on another system to the Sim - the client app doesn't require any registration. I think the client connector app comes as part of the separate WideFS package able to be downloaded from schiratti.com.

Edited by Nyuni