Sign in to follow this  
flyalways

suggestion to DTG

Spoiler

Could you make modified version of FSX SE convert into 64bit, and same interface with same UI ? 

call them as FS11 / or FS64.  I think that's what people want.  

If I know how DTG company works, probably I could even give more broader ideas, but since it's internet based community , it's quite limited.

Edited by flyalways

No, for heavens sake, not yet another sim!! You want an exact copy of FSX, but in 64bit? Why??

You do realise that FSW IS based on FSX? Why would you want something new with a 10 year old look?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

No, for heavens sake, not yet another sim!! You want an exact copy of FSX, but in 64bit? Why??

You do realise that FSW IS based on FSX? Why would you want something new with a 10 year old look?

Can't fly without the mouse bug. (It's a real thing btw: When there's a mouse in the flightdeck, the plane goes slower because of the added weight of the mouse. That's why FSX is really as real as it gets and will never be surpassed by any other sim!)

9 hours ago, flyalways said:

Could you make modified version of FSX SE convert into 64bit, and same interface with same UI ? 

It's really not that simple - there are lots of threads on this forum about the intricacies of converting 32bit programs to 64bit programs (it was probably the most talked about issue for the past 5 years...), in which more knowledgable people than me explain this stuff. Feel free to look them up if you want to know more!

11 hours ago, flyalways said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No, because the Flight Simulator franchise is owned by Microsoft. The IP doesn't belong to us, so we can't use that branding. 

I hope this helps!

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

12 hours ago, flyalways said:
  Reveal hidden contents

call them as FS11 / or FS64.  I think that's what people want.  

If I know how DTG company works, probably I could even give more broader ideas, but since it's internet based community , it's quite limited.

FSW IS FSX:SE v2

They can't guarantee compatibility with the millions of addons. That's probably why they're starting with a certain amount of native planes. It's cheap. People would have complained regardless.

Doing a reissue of FSX-SE does not seem like a good idea, my opinion, everything that goes below is my opinion.
But take advantage of what FSX is good, not bad idea, after all I see as a family, FSX box is the grandfather, FSX-SE is the son of FSX box, and FSW the grandson of FSX box.
I talk about GUI, where in FSW everything very summarized, I think of being able to choose the way to configure FSW having more options to get a better performance, in short just DTG look at how things happen in FSX-SE.
Waiting for evolution, FSW is still a baby who came to the world last Thursday.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos