Sign in to follow this  
lee js

I want to see PMDG in FSW.

Expect compatibility updates for PMDG.

Edited by lee js

In before thread lock!! :ha:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It's all right, pmdg is a formal product purchased from aerosoft.

Just now, lee js said:

It's all right, pmdg is a formal product purchased from aerosoft.

Don't think PMDG EULA allows this.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

10 minutes ago, lee js said:

It's not an illegal copy. What's wrong with it?

I believe their EULA has to explicitly allow their stuff to be used on any other platforms. LIke FSW

EDIT: Yup! I thought I had seen this;

Devons rig

No need to say anything other than the pmdg compatibility update.:biggrin:

8 분 전, HiFlyer가 말했다 :

나는 그들의 EULA가 다른 플랫폼에서 자신의 물건을 사용하도록 명시 적으로 허용해야한다고 생각합니다. 아이크 FSW

편집 : 그래! 나는 이것을 보았다고 생각했다.

Delete the details. Link Thank you.

Edited by lee js

20 minutes ago, lee js said:

No need to say anything other than the pmdg compatibility update.:biggrin:

There's no way PMDG (or FSLabs or Aerosofts for that matter) will work with FSW in it's current state! Of course, the models will but there's no dll.xml file to load the dll's which are required for the systems and gauges. Also it would be a breach of the EULA from PMDG, as already stated by the smart people in here.

Besides, I have my doubts that even IF DTG made the necessary changes, PMDG wouldn't be willing to make it available because of DTG's distribution requirements for 3rd party products.

Edited by Anders Gron

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I cant stress this enough. Advocating violations of individuals EULA is prohibited. Piracy is prohibited. These are both violations of the Avsim.com TOS and can result in a ban from this site if it is determined that a violation has occurred.

If there is compatibility with FSW, P3D, FSX, X-Plane, I am sure the developer will let everyone know. Until then, DO NOT violate the EULA. Period!

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

46 minutes ago, Anders Gron said:

There's no way PMDG (or FSLabs or Aerosofts for that matter) will work with FSW in it's current state! Of course, the models will but there's no dll.xml file to load the dll's which are required for the systems and gauges. Also it would be a breach of the EULA from PMDG, as already stated by the smart people in here.

Besides, I have my doubts that even IF DTG made the necessary changes, PMDG wouldn't be willing to make it available because of DTG's distribution requirements for 3rd party products.

Hi,

small correction: the DLL.XML is not the point (it could be activated btw.). Gauge/Systems DLLs are called from the panel.cfg anyway.

The API has changed, and unless the developer of the programmatic external addon or gauges recompiles his product with the new libraries, the DLLs and EXEs cannot work. As DTG have stated, FSW is not supposed to be backwards compatible, and there is no point in trying. And be mindful that the Steam client could actually check for your adherence to the EULA.

There is an exectuable in the main FSW directory suggesting that the SDK will be encrypted/secured for that particular copy of FSW, and that IMO is another indication that only registered developers will even get those libraries. 

Best regards

LORBY-SI

As Brian has pointed out, attempting to violate the EULA can result in a ban and should not be discussed here.

Topic closed.

2 hours ago, lee js said:

Expect compatibility updates for PMDG.

Lee,

You can get the latest news on where PMDG stands on FSW from this thread here.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator