Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

56 FPS! Have NEVER obtained that before...

Wow...does time invested pay off...

I spent the last two hours, completely auditing my Custom Scenery Folder...exactly what do I have stuffed in there, pre and post my total commitment to Ortho4XP'izing XP11.

I started deleting, and rearranging the .ini order hierarchy.  

I did Cape Breton Island (Nova Scotia, Canada) in total, at z17/z19 and before I cleaned house, and reordered the .ini file zzz's, libraries, possible interference downloads...I would get at my same baked-in XP11 sim settings, around 28-33 FPS, pretty constant. I was blown away with the next time I fired up Cape Breton, Ortho4XP'ized...  Well, pictures speak for themselves...I now am getting 56 FPS, up from a high of 33 prior.  I have never seen 56 FPS at any time for a constant in XP11 before.  Go through your Custom Scenery Folder. Audit it. See what can go...what is 'anchor' stuff, and fully audit and adjust your .ini entries and layering.  Trust me...it is totally worth your effort!

Here's the beautiful morning, before departure....

Eclipse_1.png

Eclipse_2.png

• Upvote 1

I get that.... flying over the ocean :biggrin:

3 hours ago, tonywob said:

I get that.... flying over the ocean :biggrin:

No shots of the ocean in these! :cool:

In Michigan, getting 37-47!

Still tweaking my files, .cfg tweaks, learning curve...:)   Ortho in XP...ROCKS!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

How many GIGA of Ortho have you created so far Ses?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

How many GIGA of Ortho have you created so far Ses?

Just over 1/2 TB, 585 GB's, Jcomm. Right now I am adding Tennessee and Kentucky to the groaning weight my My Book is starting to bear. No complaints, so far...shhhh..."but then it has no idea what's comming towards its spinning discs".......shhh.....

All my tiles are z17/ and z19 2 km's around the airport property, custom as well as global.

Can an HD get arthritis?  I'll let you all know, LOL!:biggrin:

Ses 

Edited by Sesquashtoo

I'm starting to do the same (create Ortho4XP) around airports I often fly to and from. Big difference I must say.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Thank you guys.

I had ZL19 around LPPT, but the old sceneries from a Spanish site, not Ortho4XP.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

9 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

All my tiles are z17/ and z19 2 km's around the airport property, custom as well as global.

hi Ses,  which of the source do you use BI mostly?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hey Ralph! You're still x-plaining :-) ?

Main Simulation Rig:

9 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

hi Ses,  which of the source do you use BI mostly?

I have used OSM, BI(ng), US_2, and I think I'm going to try a few more untried yet, such as;  GO2, just to experiment. I have had great color-match on most tiles, with BI though, so to answer your question, BI is my default, so far.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

7 hours ago, Ralf Maylin said:

Your sky looks great, Mitch.

Thank's Ralf, good to read from you, very!

Mitch

5 minutes ago, Ralf Maylin said:

More than ever, Jose. :cool:

Great !  New rig ?

Main Simulation Rig: