Sign in to follow this  
gypsymoth

Graphics card recognition

I have FS2004. The Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 stopped working & it's been replaced with a AMD 8GB Sapphire Radeon RX 570 NITRO+ graphics card. FS9 doesn't recognise it & I don't know what to do.

As it stands, I cannot get it to go full screen, & in the scenery window terrain & water effects are grey. In Hardware the device name is empty & the rendering section is greyed out as is the case in cloud detail in weather.

I've searched the web for help but saw nothing to help me, except to get the latest AMD drivers which I've done but that doesn't work.

I'd be grateful if someone can suggest a solution.
Thanks,
Terry Wallis.

Try this (if not already done !)

Save your FS9.cfg somewhere

Delete your FS9.CFG

Start FS9 and this will make a new FS9.CFG (normally your new graphic card will be detected and will be in the new FS9.cfg)

After you can edit your new FS9.cfg for put your specials settings (if any)

Edited by navtech

Hello.  I tried this dodge but the new cfg doesn't mention the new AMD graphics.

I'm having it removed & replaced with a Nvidia GTX 980 I had in a computer 2 yrs ago replaced with a AMD r9 290.  The seller of the RX 570  is giving me a refund ;-)

So .. OK problem solved !

But this is weird ...

I tried this dodge but the new cfg doesn't mention the new AMD graphics.