Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

What is wrong with this install???

Hello all - hoping someone can give me a few clues. I reinstalled the latest version of P3D this morning, carefully taking the time to remove any remnants of the old version and all addons. I decided to take my time, installing P3D (OK), FSUPIPC (OK - even downloaded the latest version of this too!). Then I installed one basic payware plane (Alabeo PA44) to set up my controls in FSUIPC (OK). 

Then the fun began. I installed chaseplane and could not find my presets (it gave me a simconnect error on first launch). The error went away but still no presets.

Next, to check connectivity, I installed Active Sky 2016 and lo behold - it keeps "waiting for simulator".

Have I gone mad? This is about the 10th time I do a clean install of P3D and never had problems with connection issues - all addons are on the same machine for goodness' sake! 

Is there any way I can check to see if there is, indeed, a problem with simconnect - as this seems to be the culprit right now? I have the 4 versions of simmconnect installed, BTW.

So in short - HELP please?

Mario Di Lauro

Did you install all the simconnects? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes as I mentioned above, all 4 versions are installed

Mario Di Lauro

I don't understand why you'd remove and reinstall P3D.  What was the original problem?  As for AS16, be sure it installs it's own connectivity.

Dan Downs KCRP

Simply to keep it at the latest version. Although I understand the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach, I still try to keep to then latest versions of software as much as possible.

Mario Di Lauro

***** SOLVED *****

Just in case anyone has an issue of this type, I found an errant disconnect.cfg file that was hiding in my documents folder. 

Thanks to Rob Ainscough's great P3D troubleshooting document.

Mario Di Lauro

1 hour ago, tamsini said:

Yes as I mentioned above, all 4 versions are installed

read you post 4 times and still can't see you saying you installed the simconnects....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

read you post 4 times and still can't see you saying you installed the simconnects....

LOL. Next to last line in the OP Bob. 

1 hour ago, tamsini said:

Is there any way I can check to see if there is, indeed, a problem with simconnect - as this seems to be the culprit right now? I have the 4 versions of simmconnect installed, BTW.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Just now, vgbaron said:

LOL. Next to last line in the OP Bob. 

Vic

I am calling the eye doctor now......:wacko:

Hey Bob, make sure you don't call the one you used the last time:biggrin:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's