Sign in to follow this  
Merlin59

Strange sounds?

Hoping someone can shed some light on an issue. I was flying from ktex to kgcn, trying to get used to the nav aids in this plane. I was flying at about 18000ft when all of a sudden I started hearing a weird clacking sound. Like something rattling in the sim. This is the only time I've ever heard this. No warning lights, no indication of icing. Although I did turn most anti icing on just in case. It continued for maybe about ten or more minutes. Honestly I starting trying about everything to make it go away. Then it just abruptly stopped. I don't know whether it was the plane in sim, an add on glitch or what. Can pretty easily rule out hardware because this is the only plane it does it with. Has anyone encountered this before? And could you fix it if you did? Haven't had time to see if it happens a second time yet but will. Thanks for any light you might can shed on this.

Look into the relevant sound folder and listen to the various sounds. The name of the file might be a good hint to tell you what it is.

Clacking/rattling is in many planes the overspeed warning.

• Upvote 1

It wasn't overspeed here unless the sound triggered when I wasn't overspeeding. I like your thought about checking the sound folder. I hadn't thought of that. I could a least connect it to what the plane thought was happening. It was a relatively quiet flight which is why it threw me. Thank you very much for the answer and the help. I'll check the sounds out and update so if it happens to anyone else they'll at least know what it was. Thanks again!

Can't find the sound in the list. Which is very strange. Oh well. I'll keep at it and maybe it won't happen again. Thanks for the help!

Just to make sure. Normally there's more than one sound folder for Carenado/Alabeo aircraft. One in the Aircraft folder and one in the FSX/P3D sound folder.

• Upvote 1

Okay thanks to you I found the sound. The file name is pusher. Have no idea what sound it or better situation it connects to though. Any ideas? It may be very well something I did or not. But if it is I'd like to know so I don't do it again. Thanks!

That's a weird one as the CJ2 doesn't have a stick pusher (which I assume it is). Maybe it's the stick shaker sound as well. Should come on just before stall AoA.

I am fairly sure nothing was going on that would warrant a stall noise. That is the kicker. It was pretty routine dull flight. At that point at least. I am currently trying another flight to see if it does it again.

According to Carenado the pusher.wav sound is triggered by a stall condition. Thing is , I'm fairly sure the jet was not in a stall condition at the time. Maybe just a one off bug since I haven't been able to reproduce it. Carenado was very, surprisingly quick and helpful with this. Hats off to them. Also @J35OE for all the help. Thanks a bunch!

Maybe swap the weird noise file out  for one named the same but that is a more recognizable stick shaker sound?