10 minutes ago, Schlotterknie said:
  1. 64 bit
  2. 64 bit
  3. 64 bit
  4. Significantly improved multicore support
  5. DX12
  6. New lighting engine

+1

Oh, and btw - no problems what so ever with Windows 10 here, either... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

64-Bit, new lightning engine, including light effects being displayed onto the aircraft, and my biggest hope: An Anti Aliasing exclusion for clouds, if that is possible today. Would make the performance so much better.

Edited by BlueFinn
  • Upvote 1

Win10 doesn't play nice in training sims... issues with hardware, drivers, etc.  If Prepar3D went DX12/Win10 only... they'd lose their primary customer base.

• Upvote 2

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

15 minutes ago, WarpD said:

Win10 doesn't play nice in training sims... issues with hardware, drivers, etc.  If Prepar3D went DX12/Win10 only... they'd lose their primary customer base.

works fine here...

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Good for you... are you running an actual commercial training sim with specialized hardware?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

48 minutes ago, WarpD said:

So then... let´s stay with Win7/8 an DX11 forever...? Or how should that work exactly?
P3D v3 works wonderful with Win10 x64.
Years ago when first users started shouting for a x64 version because of coming up memory limitation problems lots of users replied: "No need for, I don´t have OOM problems". What we then got was years of struggling with VAS consumption and OOMs, tweaking several config-files and installing/uninstalling uncountable versions of Nvidia drivers instead of what we actually wanted to do: Flying.

Technology is always moving on and so shall we.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jazzfan said:

No Thank-You! Directx12 means downgrading to win10 from Winner7. That is something many users are not willing to do. 

Maybe in 10 years Microscrap will get their crud in order and build an OS that actually does what it is supposed to, without breaking other software.

As always, just my .02c.

If you do a cursory search, you'll find a boatload of people who are using Win10 with zero problems. A few steps below...

1. Get Macrium Reflect Free, create the rescue disk and image your drive to an external one.

2. Install Win10

3. Install OandO Shutup

4. Download all available updates prior to installing anything

5. Disable Windows Update

6. Done

7. Don't like it? Restore and you're done.

Cheers,

Mark

• Upvote 3

Well if it does go to 64 bit ( pretty sure that is going to happen), hopefully they can sort out the terrain bugs in 3.4 (KSNA and surrounding area), plus hopefully will be able to run ORBX NCA, KSFO HD and not get the DXGI_DEVICE_HANG message, better autogen, better LOD, less stutters, accurate airport data (KORD).

When it is released,  I will have to probably figure out how much RAM to buy to run with my Win7 Pro, GTX 970 rig (and if I can afford to buy v4, plus upgrade my aircraft, airports, scenery).  

Stephen Forsgren

3 hours ago, pmb said:

One of my highest hopes is in updated and updateable navdata and airport data. I am pretty sure I'll not get them though

See this:

http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2017/04/113989/

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I know this. And where are the fitting (closed/modified/new) runways, taxiways etc?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Bobsk8,

I hope you live in Indonesia matey, because I know a dentist here who can make your root canal procedure as painful as Swindles10 and I mention this just so that you can MAXIMIZE the fun LOL.  

Regards as always

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

What is it with people with these damn sloped runways?

I don't want a lot, 64-bit and rewritten ATC, for now...

• Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

9 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

What is it with people with these damn sloped runways?

Why are they damned and why wouldn't you want them? They're not something at the top of my list but they would certainly be nice to have.

Walter Meier

1 minute ago, wsmeier said:

Why are they damned and why wouldn't you want them? They're not something at the top of my list but they would certainly be nice to have.

It's nice-to-have but I don't understand people going literally crazy over this in their wish lists, there are so many other areas that need improvement. 

• Upvote 3

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |