Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Questions

I see that the 747 can have a virtual pilot model at the controls but does it also have a co pilot model as well? The videos I have seen only show a pilot.

Also I read their is a virtual co pilot that will control the entire flight from take off to landing,,,is that true?

In the 747 do most of the knobs, switches and such work and do the systems work such as the fmc?

What is the original model for the 747 (like the airbus is Aerosoft's bus).

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

2 hours ago, warbirds said:

I see that the 747 can have a virtual pilot model at the controls but does it also have a co pilot model as well? The videos I have seen only show a pilot.

The mobile version has a copilot, I believe, which is really only an easier user interface for the autopilot. Engaging the copilot will enable the autopilot and set it to the current heading and vertical speed. Heading and vertical speeds can be changed using the +/- buttons. When ALT is enabled, the autopilot is set up to fly to the selected altitude. The selected altitude can be changed while ALT is active. If the aircraft has to climb to get to the selected altitude, the copilot will either climb with a constant vertical speed or climb by maintaining the selected airspeed, depending on the aircraft type and autopilot. Descents are always done by maintaining a vertical speed. Press the ROUTE button when close to the green navigation route to follow this route. The copilot will either fly manually or configure the aircraft’s autopilot to follow the route and climb and descend accordingly. The airspeed is controlled by the copilot using the throttle control or the aircraft’s autothrottle if available. The copilot will disengage the autopilot or stop controlling the airplane 0.2 NM before the destination runway threshold. From this point on you have to perform the landing manually.

In the 747 do most of the knobs, switches and such work and do the systems work such as the fmc?

I think on this I will let JAN, the developer working on Aerofly systems speak to this through two merged posts he just made in the last few days regarding similar questions:

I'm not a wizzard and quite a bit of the work I do will remain hidden for a bit until they are available for all aircraft or until they are finished. Until they are finished the public version won't see much of the changes. For example: The entirety of the A320 and LJ45 is already clickable in my developer version but not all of the switches have a function behind them yet. Don't forget that the C172 and B58 are already quite advanced e.g. full electric system, all instruments up and running. Apart from the engine things (mixture, magnetos) its just the GPS thats kinda missing yet.

The functions behind the yet unclickable switches will be implemented when it's the right time and in the meantime I won't just fake them for the sake of seeing some outcome of the switch manipulation. We could rush into completing one aircraft but then we would have to do the same amount of work again for the next aircraft. So instead we are implementing a solution for each system that works for all aircraft. That takes a little bit longer for the first couple aircraft and doesn't look as fast from your point of view, but it will make the development faster in the long run. And more accurate than existing payware add-ons for the other simulators.

I've stated my point of view above; (previous post) I think the major system depth that is lacking yet is engine management and engine start/stop, that is basic stuff that we absolutely need.

You can look forward to testing the autopilot update soon, I can't really praise my own work here but I think it will raise the bar quite a bit. Heck in some places I am even simulating the A320 autoflight system more realistic than all payware add-ons on the market (that I've tested) which shows me even they have not tested everything, especially the things that are not used on a daily basis. Without the FMS implemented in the Aerofly FS 2 at the moment some things will be missing yet but we'll get there, too.

That a/p update will also include an entire remake/refresh of the A320 PFD and ND displays, making them look very authentic (almost pixel perfect in comparison to real world images) and also relatively complete in terms of functionality. There are just a few things missing like failures of the ADIRUs and non-computed data but that can be added relatively quickly later if that is even relevant for the default simulator.

From my point of view these are the following items are what is probably coming next in terms of systems, not official list, no guarantee
- autopilot is basically finished, should be released soon-ish
- turbo-props will be improved and with that comes the Q400
- then we will probably continue to update engine physics, adding the long awaited start/stop of the engine and probably mixture
- I'm hoping after that we will improve the sound quality, especially adding realistic engine sounds, incl startup sounds
- FMS are also very likely to be added, I don't know when, I'm hoping sooner than later...
This list is incomplete (not the official roadmap), just the things that I will likely be involved in, the other developers will be developing other great features in parallel, as mentioned on the official roadmap http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread...g-Early-Access
(ATC is one of the things mentioned there)

What is the original model for the 747 (like the airbus is Aerosoft's bus).

Not sure.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks, so you only get the copilot feature with the mobile version and not the pc version?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

7 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Thanks, so you only get the copilot feature with the mobile version and not the pc version?

Yup. Though I do admit the copilot on that Aerosoft sim looks interesting. :biggrin:

Interestingly enough, an Outsider did add a sort of pseudo copilot......

It was really more of an enthusiast experiment, though.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5