Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

FSW - Quality Of Life Update Planned This Week

Last week we launched Flight Sim World into Early Access, and hopefully you've spent the weekend enjoying the first step for FSW. 

Since then we've been on the boards, scouring the reporting forms and gathering feedback to compile a hit list of immediate fixes with an update planned for later this week:

• Addressing brightness issues on runways 
  • Improved lighting on autogen buildings and AI aircraft
  • Improving lighting on the horizon
  • Translation fixes in the UI for German & French
  • Music tickbox is now ticked when music slider at 0
  • Quitting a lesson now returns to lesson screen
  • Disabled state option implemented in repeat dropdown in Key Assign Panel
  • Livery of the aircraft in Scud Runner mission changed to reflect UI
  • Heavily revised audio for both PA34 and PA46
  • Momentum effect applied to all aircraft default cockpit views

Additionally we're aware that some users have been affected by optimization issues, whilst fine tuning performance will be an ongoing process throughout Early Access, we're looking particularly at sub-par performance on high-end machines. If you're a user affected by this, then feel to contact the support team at dovetailgames.kayako.com. We also have a number of suggested tweaks that may improve your flying experience:

• Lower the display setting sliders - Scenery and Traffic tend to be the largest offenders. If you're experiencing performance issues, we recommend setting Scenery to mid-high and traffic to low. 
  • If you’re experiencing performance problems in Full Screen Mode - particularly if you're using a multi-monitor set up. Set your profile to run in window mode or windowed full-screen. 
  • Disable concurrent Streaming (either broadcasting or viewing)

We're grateful for any constructive feedback about Flight Sim World and have a host of improvements for next week (including hot fixes to a number of aircraft, their instrumentation and tweaks to the flight model) and larger updates planned in the near future. Don't forget that if you've experienced a bug then please fill out our Reporting Form.

• Upvote 16

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

Thanks.

Can I ask about TrueSKY? Since a few hours ago, I'm starting to get curious about it as this may have something to do with improving weather. Can you provide more information about it.

Júnior Silva

13 minutes ago, JSilva said:

Thanks.

Can I ask about TrueSKY? Since a few hours ago, I'm starting to get curious about it as this may have something to do with improving weather. Can you provide more information about it.

Where did you see anything about TrueSky? 

This is the TrueSky I know: https://simul.co/main/truesky/

Edited by ca_metal

Many thanks Cryss for the updated info.

Personally, I think you guys at DTG have done a great job with FSW thus far: I've got the thing hitting 60fps on a seven year old ATI Radeon 6900, which is indicative of FSW kicking into using the GPU more as opposed to needing a sledgehammer to crack a walnut with some two grand GPU for the minimal bits the GPU could address with the CPU-bound previous ESP incarnations of FS. As we all know, that was something ACES should have, and doubtless did want to address, but by the time that was an apparent need, MS were getting ready to bail on FS, so it never occurred, so good on you guys at DTG for finally addressing that one in a very noticble fashion, even at this early stage.

Sure there are some things I think need tweaking, but I know all this is what early access and user feedback is about, and so I fully expect that to be addressed too.

I know some people expressed their doubts about DTG's committment/ability to pull it off, but the fact that you've got it out there in 64 bit and apparently using the GPU in the fashion that modern PC app should, says all there is to be said about that concern. Keep it up, and enjoy the pleasure of being able to say: 'we told you so' :biggrin:

• Upvote 8

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thank you Cryss, the sound I wanted to hear!

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

I'm going to have to try out the windowed mode option and observe performance since I'm running multiple monitors.  I'm definitely seeing lower FPS in FSW than FSX:SE on about as fast of a flight sim machine as you can ask for, at least in terms of CPU power.  

Thanks DTG for keeping us up to date, looking forward to good things.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Look forward to the update. Especially the excessive brightness.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

thanks for the info good to know an update its already on its way .....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Great to see updates are coming.

How about a WideViewAspect control in the GUI that also adjusts InitialZoom level in the aircraft cameras? :smile:

• Upvote 2

Barry Friedman

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

Where did you see anything about TrueSky? 

This is the TrueSky I know: https://simul.co/main/truesky/

I looked at the FSW directory and there's an empty folder called "TrueSKY".

• Upvote 1

Júnior Silva

5 hours ago, JSilva said:

I looked at the FSW directory and there's an empty folder called "TrueSKY".

They did say that they are planning a big update for the weather engine. TrueSky integration would be awesome.