Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

FSW - Quality Of Life Update Planned This Week

29 minutes ago, fsxkitty said:

They did say that they are planning a big update for the weather engine. TrueSky integration would be awesome.

+1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

TrueSky would be an excellent addition to FSW!  Looking forward to the update.

Edited by pugilist2

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Can we have a VSync option soon? I had terrible tearing, effectively making FSW unusable. Enabling VSync in the Nvidia CP removed it immediately and provides stable 30 fps synced to my monitor fps.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

So, well done for this!

Also, it seems to be quite a large update. Amazing that DTG has done all of this within a week. I chuckle to myself, thinking about those nay-sayers that have been quick to get refunds.

Mmmm, also, in retrospect, a great game played by DTG, releasing an alpha version, with weekly updates. Maybe that is their map? Slowly 'teasing' us, asking for our input, but having everything planned already for weekly updates? Well, maybe it lets us think that they are taking notice of our input, by releasing what we think are updates based on our input.

Great move, DTG! :ha:

• Upvote 3

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I will gladly be driven by them :-)

So far so good :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I hope updates, additions and fixes are regular and the communication from Dovetail continues like this, then we can look forward to a promising flight sim.

This is great news!!!  Looking forward to the updates and thanks for the communication.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Hello everyone - I see you guys have found a trueSKY folder in our file structure. That’s some nice detective work there! One of our main objectives during the Early Access period is to make dramatic changes to the weather in FSW, so we have been busy investigating different options (one being trueSKY). We are still in the process of testing these options and nothing is confirmed, but stay tuned to find out more when information is made available!

• Upvote 8

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Thanks for the info, Aimee!

I am still on the fence about FSW, the native integration of an advanced weather system like trueSKY might very well change that, however...

19 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

Hello everyone - I see you guys have found a trueSKY folder in our file structure. That’s some nice detective work there! One of our main objectives during the Early Access period is to make dramatic changes to the weather in FSW, so we have been busy investigating different options (one being trueSKY). We are still in the process of testing these options and nothing is confirmed, but stay tuned to find out more when information is made available!

Can you tell us what are the other candidates for the weather. Just curious.

Júnior Silva

6 hours ago, pmb said:

Can we have a VSync option soon? I had terrible tearing, effectively making FSW unusable. Enabling VSync in the Nvidia CP removed it immediately and provides stable 30 fps synced to my monitor fps.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

+1. Also, in addition to that, maybe add Fast Sync.

Júnior Silva

17 minutes ago, JSilva said:

Can you tell us what are the other candidates for the weather. Just curious.

We can't give you any more than that at the moment but once we have information we are able to share, we'll share it  :happy:

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Just now, DTG_Aimee said:

We can't give you any more than that at the moment but once we have information we are able to share, we'll share it  :happy:

At least it's worth a try.:dry:

Júnior Silva

Just now, JSilva said:

At least it's worth a try.:dry:

Always! 

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

42 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

are these free and part of early acces or at a cost in retailer version ?