Anyone brave enough to have tried these new nVidia drivers that were released yesterday?

Stu

• Upvote 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Nope. I learned LONG ago if you are running fine with no issues don't mess with it. Unless there is a specific game I play that it states to solve or increase performance, I leave what I have alone.

19 minutes ago, JIMJAM said:

Nope. I learned LONG ago if you are running fine with no issues don't mess with it. Unless there is a specific game I play that it states to solve or increase performance, I leave what I have alone.

+1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

installed them, made some flights, still alive... dunno about VAS changes, i don't fly tubeliner, but well no crash over London and Paris with Ai traffic set to 50%.

Hope you won't have problems.

Installed them. I'm on 1080ti here. They performed better than 381.89, 381.67 and 378.78. There's a slight increase in performance. No issues.

Pierre

Lovely to hear.

I'll take the plunge later

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I was more in to flying XP11 and FSW lately, as flying the Milviz F4E Advanced always very quickly (sometimes even acutely) ended in a CTD after launching the F4E in P3Dv3,  pop up message indicating due to issues with the Nvidia driver. (382.05).

Now with the 382.33 driver sofar flying the F4E has been a dream!

Downloaded the new drivers today.  Absolutely no problems as of yet.  Still have several flights to do in order to evaluate.  There should be no problem downloading these and using them because you can always go back. Be brave, and take advantage of the newest and the greatest.  That's my philosophy.  NO BIG DEAL....REALLY!

Stan

Hi Stan.

I tried them but can't get further than this: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG, every time the flight loading gets to 82%.

Tried 381.65 instead and no such issues. I always do a clean install as per Nick Needham's technique.

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error has a thread in the P3d forums (http://prepar3d.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&p=150069) Lots of thing to try there to find a fix.

For me though, 381.65 are performing great. No memory leaks that I can notice, so I'll stick with this driver until I can summon up the effort to get to the bottom of my issue with 382.33 release.

Stu

Bunchy,

After a few days with these (382.33)....got some real consistent memory crashes.  I took your advice and went back to the 381.65 drivers.  I wait for the next new ones, and try them at least.

Stan

Sorry to hear that, Stan.

At least we have 381.65 get out clause :)

Stu

Yup, same for me 382.33 locks up P3D during loading in a PMDG plane (pretty sure not related to PMDG, just did not try other ones) after 4-5s or so with 980ti and 1080ti (added that one Saturday and removed the 980ti). No issues with 382.05.

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

Running FSX:SE with 382.33 no problem here.

Win 7 64bit Ultimate

i7 950 CPU at 3.06 GHz

msi GTX960 2Gb

24Gb RAM

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)