Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Orbx just released the DTG killer...wow...

Go and check out on their forums, the just released screen captures for Innsbruck...for AF2

Orbx team getting 130 FPS, no stutters, dead smooth flight...and folks, you'd be hard pressed to NOT say they they are flying over real world terrain, real world buildings, imagery.

This is simply the death knell of ESP-based flight sims. whether 32...or 64 bit.  Bye-Bye, ESP...a dinosaur graphics engine, gasping on last-legs, 64 bit steroids...and hello AF2, the M.S. based flight sim killa....

Go check out the post...but first, place a towel under your chin..or you're gonna give yourself some pain, in the viewing...

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134014-welcome-to-a-new-era-presenting-ftx-innsbruck-for-aerofly-fs2-flight-simulator/

Ses 

Gl with that, i am staying with FSW.

10 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

This is simply the death knell of ESP-based flight sims. whether 32...or 64 bit.  Bye-Bye, ESP...a dinosaur graphics engine, gasping on last-legs, 64 bit steroids...and hello AF2, the M.S. based flight sim killa....

In a couple of years maybe, when everything that is missing in Aerofly 2 has been added. And that is a lot! That scenery looks stunning though.

Any particular reason you are posting this here? This is the FSW forum, not Orbx or Aerofly 2 :huh:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

We will have to wait and see what it looks like in FSW.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

In a couple of years maybe, when everything that is missing in Aerofly 2 has been added. And that is a lot! That scenery looks stunning though.

Rim...they have been working feverishly, the IPACS team, to deliver A.I.  ATC...all that is in P3D.  It's not going to be years...but months away...but for now...this is where any further Ses-money is going.  ESP is ancient, and 64 bit lipstick still has an aging pig behind the color change.  I want a new graphics engine, and it won't be found in the dying gasps of a ESP engine rework. I don't have to drop any money on my 2011 based tank sitting to my left, for it pops out 120 FPS easy, in AF2, and Orbx is stating 130 easy to maintain with this unbelievable package, June 15th....with the sim full-bore featured out!

Anyway, back to your regular scheduled Flight World topic postings.

This really doesn't belong in this forum.  Especially with the hyperbolic, inflammatory remarks by the OP.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

This really doesn't belong in this forum.  Especially with the hyperbolic, inflammatory remarks by the OP.  

Just for you, we're back to regularly scheduled programming/posting... :)

I'm sure you've hit the REPORT button, about three times...:cool:

Nope, haven't touched it.  Just pointing out that this is the kind of trolling that gets threads locked.  

7 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Nope, haven't touched it.  Just pointing out that this is the kind of trolling that gets threads locked.  

Not trolling, (of course as I see it).....just a head's up, that something as new is just a month away.  Certainly much less worse a post, than the DTG Flight World bashing/lynching, that has been seen on this forum to date.  Jeez...

People that might not be aware, and there might be many...that a non ESP based engine is getting some lovin'....but Techguy, as I said, was just a FYI, and no more needs to be stated. People have choices, and choices are good, for those that might not hit every forum on AVSIM. A lot don't...

Cheers,

Ses

• Upvote 1

Its OK Ses,

These guys are just salty after seeing the screenshots.

ESP is dead.

RIP FSW.

• Upvote 1

flying circles over LOWI gets boring.

23 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Any particular reason you are posting this here? This is the FSW forum, not Orbx or Aerofly 2 :huh:

Just as a head's up. for those that have to date, perhaps have not been keeping up with other then ESP based tech.  That was the intent. Empowering simmers with alternative choices..., Rimshot.

If someone decides that this is best taken to another forum, perhaps Hangar Chat...then that is fine with me, also.

Cheers,

Ses

2 minutes ago, KavindaJD said:

Its OK Ses,

These guys are just salty after seeing the screenshots.

ESP is dead.

RIP FSW.

It is quite amazing what new tech behind the scenery can do...in my view, it looked real world, with no stretch of the imagination required, and cruising along at 130 FPS.  Cheers,.

2 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

flying circles over LOWI gets boring.

JT, I don't think that will be the user experience in less than 6 months...:)

From which airport will you be able to fly to LOWI?