Sign in to follow this  
Lbt564

Prepard V4 is announced

Your are GOLD!!!!

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

2 minutes ago, eaim said:

XP11 is brilliant, i'll be using both sims, I may still get FSW when it goes on sale. We are lovers of flight simulation so why not have XP11,P3D v4 and FSW?

We also aren't all millionaires who can afford to buy all those wonderful addons that we love too. Besides, maintaining more than one or two sims at peak performance is too much of a chore and cuts into flight time. I'll keep using XP11 but P3d V4 seems to be the best option if one has serious computer hardware and is committed to both GA and IFR flying.

7 minutes ago, eaim said:

XP11 is brilliant, i'll be using both sims, I may still get FSW when it goes on sale. We are lovers of flight simulation so why not have XP11,P3D v4 and FSW?

None of them are great without addons. You must be very well off indeed to be able to afford the addons for all three:biggrin:

30 minutes ago, eaim said:

P3D V4 will be the main sim for several reasons :-)

• Upvote 1

André

Typical, and I just recently bought the PMDG747 for v3 Grrrr......

Dougal, you'll get the 747 update for free, see the latest update by PMDG

Steve

So now we have the performance, but the graphics still look dated compared to XP11 or AF2.

Might even skip this party :)

• Upvote 2

Regards, Perry

Here's an interesting tidbit  regarding the rumored 64 bit FSUIPC 5 from Dino Cattaneo's Facebook page. He's the developer  (India Foxtrot Echo) of all those terrific military aircraft and also  the default F35 in P3d:

Tom Campbell

I was wondering if you could comment on 2 issues. 1. The apparent lack of compatibility with FSUIPC. This could be a serious deal breaker for a lot of people and addon products and services.
2. Do you know if they updated the default airports? If not it's going to be a bit disappointing.
Like · Reply · 1 hr

Indiafoxtecho

1. I believe a specific version of FSUIPC will be released soon (but I cannot confirm that)
2. The base content is the same.
Like · Reply · 1 hr

View more replies

• Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing. We will finally have silky smooth simulation, crisp textures to the horizon, 3rd party support, and we've done away with the 32bit limitation. Very excited!

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

still not rain on windshiel, very disapointed

Literally unplayable.

.... :D

Happy Days for the community. I just dropped $1500 on the new rig. Bring it! The feedback from the developer community is brilliant and that alone tells me we're turning the corner with this release. 

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Really interesting comment from JV on performance (can't wait to test this out...):

"Forget VAS and OOMs, and FPS is excellent (see the FPS counters in some shots above with all sliders maxxed). Furthermore, AI and road traffic has been super optimised without no FPS impact so you can roads and skies filled to the brim."

1 hour ago, egntpilot said:

Dougal, you'll get the 747 update for free, see the latest update by PMDG

Steve

Spiffing news Steve, thanks;-)

I just saw Rob A's quick look video on youtube and it seems like the triton ocean looks improved too. Maybe a side effect of the new lighting system?

I was definitely hoping for a better ocean look.