Sign in to follow this  
jzimmermann

P3Dv4 Dynamic Lighting

Hi Everyone,

The NDA has just been lifted. P3Dv4's new dynamic lighting is a major step forward!

Enjoy the shots below.

Cheers,

Jerome

akkrRQw.gif

KcaBGNH.gif

N4ya3yh.gif

• Upvote 3

Any idea if this will enable scenery designers to implement actual lights on scenery?

One of my biggest pet peeves is having your airliners sit completely dark next to a bright terminal.

17 minutes ago, FishermanIvan said:

Any idea if this will enable scenery designers to implement actual lights on scenery?

One of my biggest pet peeves is having your airliners sit completely dark next to a bright terminal.

Yes! Flightbeam's KMSP will feature this, FlyTampa just announced Boston v4 with this and they will also upgrade EHAM next.

First, looking great! The tree trunks look somewhat abrupt under the dynamic lighting.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

14 hours ago, windycloud said:

First, looking great! The tree trunks look somewhat abrupt under the dynamic lighting.

Hi Jason,

The screenshots show L35 Big Bear City Airport, which I'm sure will be made fully P3Dv4 compatible after the May 30 release. They illustrate how good the dynamic lighting already looks with P3Dv3 scenery that hasn't yet been adapted.

Cheers,

Jerome

Nice upgrade to lighting but as I understand it is limited while in Xplane 11 even all the cars have dynamic headlights. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I haveneber seen lights that bright on a GAME airplane before. Looks a little over done IMO

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

4 hours ago, warbirds said:

Nice upgrade to lighting but as I understand it is limited while in Xplane 11 even all the cars have dynamic headlights. 

If you look at this video, you can see that in P3Dv4 dynamic lights can be attached to a whole variety of different vehicles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMN-156kXQM

41 minutes ago, jzimmermann said:

If you look at this video, you can see that in P3Dv4 dynamic lights can be attached to a whole variety of different vehicles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMN-156kXQM

Thanks, it was my understanding that Orbx stated they could not use the new dynamic lighting on all their lights because there was a cap - Xplane does not seem to have this cap as most lights are dynamic. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

You are correct Paul, i believe the cap is 256 as stated by JV over at ORBX. I guess I'm slightly disappointed, as I'm sure even a medium sized airport can hit that cap fairly easily. So I assume airport devs will have to choose what lights are dynamic and static? Either way, at least there is progress being made!

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if landing lights will illuminate the clouds? This is something I am really missing when flying P3D, I couldn't find any information about this... 

Thanks!

John.