Sign in to follow this  
OzWhitey

Default P3D v4 looks ugly...

For heaven's sake... not only first we have the haters to FWS when the thing just comes out and in *early access*...  but now we even have people complaining for a product that is not even out yet...

Why don't you do yourself a favour and refrain from commenting/complaining until a few months after release? Honestly, you'll feel better...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

So here is a link to some nice screenshots of KBOS in V4 from A-list developer, FlyTampa:

Dynamic lighting

Link to full images: https://www.facebook.com/pg/FlyTampa-882745525087426/posts/

I'll be very interested to see what Orbx, PMDG and the other major players can do with the new iteration of the P3D engine.

Stupid thread title, that's for sure. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The new lighting system looks really amazing. What we've been crying out for - Thanks LM!

Just wondering how 'extensive' it is? Is clouds susceptible to lighting (like in X-Plane)? Would be nice, if clouds would receive ligthing from landing lights (and other light sources on the airplane) and lightning-strikes would cast light to surrounding clouds for instance... 

Are there any improvements to the weather systems?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

To me, it doesn't looks ugly, it looks about the same as v3. The LOD radius is much larger and we have dynamic night lighting now (limited only to apron lights unfortunately), but otherwise the atmospheric effects, daytime lighting, etc, don't seem to have changed. I was hoping for PBR, atmospheric effects, and the like, but I guess that will all come in time. It's evolutionary, not revolutionary, and I'm OK with that. 

2 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

For heaven's sake... not only first we have the haters to FWS when the thing just comes out and in *early access*...  but now we even have people complaining for a product that is not even out yet...

Why don't you do yourself a favour and refrain from commenting/complaining until a few months after release? Honestly, you'll feel better...

There were "haters" for FSW because it is abysmal even for an early access product. Also, there's a lot of streams, videos, and pictures of P3D v4 out for people to make reasonable judgements based on what to expect. Why don't you do yourself a favour and refrain from getting upset that people are discussing flight sim things on a flight sim discussion forum? Honestly, you'll feel better...

• Upvote 2

Glad you liked it, Bob :blink: (enough to double post) :laugh:

Anders, it seems that not all objects will receive the lighting from a source. I suspect that clouds won't be affected, but I'm only speculating at this time,

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 minute ago, OzWhitey said:

Anders, it seems that not all objects will receive the lighting from a source. I suspect that clouds won't be affected, but I'm only speculating at this time,

You say I double posted. maybe you are cross eyed and that is why you think it is ugly. :blink:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, hamoody said:

To me, it doesn't looks ugly, it looks about the same as v3. The LOD radius is much larger and we have dynamic night lighting now (limited only to apron lights unfortunately), but otherwise the atmospheric effects, daytime lighting, etc, don't seem to have changed. I was hoping for PBR, atmospheric effects, and the like, but I guess that will all come in time. It's evolutionary, not revolutionary, and I'm OK with that. 

There were "haters" for FSW because it is abysmal even for an early access product. Also, there's a lot of streams, videos, and pictures of P3D v4 out for people to make reasonable judgements based on what to expect. Why don't you do yourself a favour and refrain from getting upset that people are discussing flight sim things on a flight sim discussion forum? Honestly, you'll feel better...

Ha, nice try, but it's not "discussing", it's needlessly hating. Honestly, try thinking for yourself, you'll feel better..

5 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Yearh, you're probably right...

Would be nice, though if clouds were illuminated with lights... When sceneries are updated with the new technology, it will be amazing... just the screenshots from FlyTampa's KBOS and FSDT's Charlotte is really nice! Also FlightBeam KMSP is really nice and are taking advantage of this.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 minute ago, Raven9000 said:

Ha, nice try, but it's not "discussing", it's needlessly hating. Honestly, try thinking for yourself, you'll feel better..

Chill out, brah. Go back and read the thread, no one is hating on P3D v4 here. The point of the post was to praise the appearance of the dynamic night lighting, as shown in the FlyTampa shots linked to in the initial post.

Also, if you're feeling bad for FSW, here's a kind review I wrote about it the other day:

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Chill out, brah. Go back and read the thread, no one is hating on P3D v4 here. The point of the post was to praise the appearance of the dynamic night lighting, as shown in the FlyTampa shots linked to in the initial post.

Also, if you're feeling bad for FSW, here's a kind review I wrote about it the other day:

That's better :D

So many 'HATERS' in this fascinating hobby of ours.

There are definitely some anti-LM children about.

Let's give it a chance eh!

At least let it out of the starting blocks and use it a while before coming to a rash, ill-conceived, brain dead conclusion.

FFS

• Upvote 1

Blackrat

From the looks of the video, the default FSX 737 works in v4...

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

1 hour ago, WarpD said:

3f55789a98fad3ddf535bee7bd48a76a.jpg

can see autogen till my eye can see - very nice !

16 minutes ago, Schlotterknie said:

"Default P3D v4 looks ugly..."

If this was "ugly" I love all ugly stuff from now on...

and: "So many 'HATERS' in this fascinating hobby of ours. There are definitely some anti-LM children about."

For goodness sake, people. This is not a P3D hate thread, everyone has been suitably respectful to the new sim.

As I keep saying, and as the initial post makes clear, this is a thread to appreciate how nice P3D v4 looks with some addons e.g. the FlyTampa Facebook page which had the first decent images of V4 a few minutes after its release.

Now, do I think V4 looks ugly with its default scenery. Absolutely! I also think V3, V2, V1 and FSX look pretty awful in default, as does X-plane. I can not imagine flying any of these sims by choice without some after-market scenery.

When I started the thread, Orbx didn't have any screenshots available. I asked nicely over in their forum, and JV kindly posted some (which I'm sure he was going to do anyway!). Whilst I'm not super-impressed by what he uploaded, I'm confident that Orbx will look great in this sim.

The video that you've posted here has a massive FSDT logo in the bottom left corner ie. NOT DEFAULT. I own every FSDT airport, this is what I want to see - our new girl looks beautiful with some decent payware.

We are proud of her, we want to see her looking good, and some of the videos/livestreams in the first few moments after the NDA was lifted did not show her at her best.

You may love P3D, but rest assured I love her more! :happy:

Oz