Sign in to follow this  
OzWhitey

Default P3D v4 looks ugly...

So here is a link to some nice screenshots of KBOS in V4 from A-list developer, FlyTampa:

Dynamic lighting

Link to full images: https://www.facebook.com/pg/FlyTampa-882745525087426/posts/

I'll be very interested to see what Orbx, PMDG and the other major players can do with the new iteration of the P3D engine.

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

The ORBX shots look OK, but I'm not seeing anything spectacular there so far  - as I've mentioned over in the Orbx forums, the recent AF2 Innsbruck preview shots by Jarrad look far superior.  

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3f55789a98fad3ddf535bee7bd48a76a.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

you serious? the night lighting looks fantastic 

Just have seen Jordan Kings video....a real disappointment (not the video, P3Dv4)....have to consider FSW now!

• Upvote 1

Light sources illuminate objects, if they're compatible with this. You can have a few hundred light sources on screen at one time.

The FlyTampa link I posted shows the lights nicely illuminating the buildings - that's good.

The Orbx screenshots have one night shot,with their lights on display. They're disappointing -they look just like P3D v3, so X-plane doesn't look like it has much to worry about in the 'king of the night lights' category.

Oz

5 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Can someone explain to me what is "Dynamic Lighting".  I look at the screenshots and they look great but I have no clue what I am looking for when it comes to the lighting.

1 hour ago, Marco Van Dam said:

"Default P3D v4 looks ugly..." Are you serious? 

Absolutely, going from Jordan's video (sounds like J35OE had the same reaction).

I'm super-excited for V4, that's why I'm sitting up at 2am looking at everything I can find about it. There's enough in the new release to keep this as my primary sim. However, the videos showing default terrain look pretty similar to v3, and some of the screenshots I've seen also lack the 'wow' factor. 

The FlyTampa ones that I linked to above are the best I've seen.

As mentioned, go look at Jarrod Marshall's AF2 screenshots on the Orbx forum - that's what 'next gen' looks like. Fly Tampa's shots look decent, but I'd like to see more.

If anyone else knows of any great shots, let us know. 

Oz

Yes Mister AUSTRIAN AIRFORCE, FSW is clearly the better choice. :laugh:

• Upvote 3

Pretty exciting stuff happening.  The dynamic lighting previews will be one of the most impressive features but we will have to wait for addons to incorporate this feature. Imagine finally the taxi and landing lights literally lighting up surfaces rather than relying on a baked light texture.  Ive seen the draw distance extended out so far and without blurries is refreshing. This works great on the night lighting as you see the highways extending way out in the distance.  Even the lights from road vehicles light up.   The 3d snow and rain also nice to see. Even reacts to the wind direction and speed!  Way to go LM!

And all this happening finally without worrying about OOM. So now sliders are dependent on what your system can handle. Cant wait to go into some major hubs finally. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I'm looking forward to long flights in PMDG jets into Orbx/FSDT/FlyTampa airports. Nothing worse in v3 and before than crossing the pond and getting an OOM just as you reach your destination airport.

• Upvote 1

Oz