Sign in to follow this  
CrownCityMisfits

RealAir Legacy Working in v4

I did a double-take when I saw this posted by JV at Orbx. Hope the Duke V2 runs fine as well. What a great day.

37Rl.jpg

Nah, the orbx is a lancair legacy IVP. That is definitely the Realair legacy. You can tell by the cockpit layout

• Like 1

Just now, GHarrall said:

Nah, the orbx is a lancair IVP. That is definitely the Realair legacy.

Yes you are right.  I stand corrected.

I hope realairsimulations can release the birds for P3D4.  I never got to buy the turbine duke, only the normal duke (was hoping for the p3dv3 update)

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Didn't Realair go Tango Uniform?

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

RealAir has closed shop, so either their planes work as is in V4, or they don't, and that's that, I suspect.  

24 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

I hope realairsimulations can release the birds for P3D4.  I never got to buy the turbine duke, only the normal duke (was hoping for the p3dv3 update)

Unfortunately that's not happening unless another dev acquires the RealAir property. Glad I bought the Duke and Legacy before they shut down.

The RealAir Turbine Duke V2's panels and gauges are entirely built with XML with one exception, RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau, which is Doug Dawson's 32 bit sound gauge. I have no idea whether there is a 64 bit version of the gauge (looking now...), so unless there is one, it will be an somewhat quiet flight in the V2. Any sounds generated by other addons and the sim itself will still work though, with the V2.

24 minutes ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

Unfortunately that's not happening unless another dev acquires the RealAir property. Glad I bought the Duke and Legacy before they shut down.

I even recommended that A2A should buy them out - perfect fit with companies if not Orbx should buy them out.

15 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The RealAir Turbine Duke V2's panels and gauges are entirely built with XML with one exception, RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau, which is Doug Dawson's 32 bit sound gauge. I have no idea whether there is a 64 bit version of the gauge (looking now...), so unless there is one, it will be an somewhat quiet flight in the V2. Any sounds generated by other addons and the sim itself will still work though, with the V2.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  Yep I did use the RASDukeTv2_sound.gau file to get it working in P3Dv3, but I dunno if it will work in the P4D now. 

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

If that is the case we may need a thread dedicated to getting the Duke working properly in V4. I know I will need the help, as gauge modding is not in my wheelhouse.

There isn't going to be any "gauge modding" as the sound gauge is a GAU file which is just an aliased Windows DLL file. One would need the original source code from Mr. Dawson (probably in some variant of C)  to recompile the gauge for 64 bit. XML gauges are just text and can be modified, but not GAU files.

• Upvote 1

My Legacy is also working fine in V4.1, only the F1 GTN750 is not working. It doesn't show up in the config panel.

Could someone that has it working please sent me a copy of the panel.cfg ?

Get the v4 update email Sean then it will work 

assuming you owned v2 though 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |