Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Prepar3D v4 Compatibility And PMDG Products

Captains,

Now that the cat is out of the bag on the worst kept secret in simming, we can **finally** give you a bit of information on what our Prepar3D customers can expect to expect moving forward during the next few weeks and months.

As we promised back in 2015, customers who have purchased our products for Prepar3D v3 are going to enjoy a free transition to Prepar3D v4 and the advent of 64bit simming technology, as this was already rolled up into the development costs of the product you already purchased.

Beginning on/shortly after the release of Prepar3D v4, we will begin publishing Prepar3D v4 compatible versions of our existing product lines.  We have spent the better part of 2017 thus far working our way through the transition of our existing product line to make the NGX, 777, 747 and DC-6 compatible with the new, Prepar3D v4. 

As of today, we have both the DC-6 and the 747 operating within Prepar3D v4, and we hope to have the 777 completed later this week, with the NGX to follow shortly there-after.

Those who are already customers of our Prepar3D products will be able to obtain these new versions at no cost.

Now a couple of notes:

With the release of Prepar3D v4, we have new sets of developer tools and many new features to work with that did not exist (or existed in less useful formats) in Prepar3D v3.  Our goal with the initial push into Prepar3D v4 is to bring you a fully x64 compatible product version that has been rebuilt using the new development tools for each product initially.  We will then be updating each product over time to include many of the new functions native to Prepar3D v4, and pushing those updates to you via our in-house product updater functionality.

Schedule-wise we are still working out a few details because we haven't been allowed to discuss Prepar3D v4 even with our own beta team, and that also means we have been unable to beta test the DC-6 and 747-400 in their new x64 iterations...  So we need to work out the details of how we will do this before pushing the new versions to you.

(The DC-6 is easy- since that product is still in beta testing, we will have it fully tested when it releases in a few weeks, obviously, but the 747-400 is a whole different animal...)

My best guess right now is that we will begin pushing the new Prepar3d v4 versions to you within days of the initial Prepar3D v4 release, as this will give our own test team a chance to make sure we haven't missed anything obvious before handing the product over to you for use.  In order, I expect you will see the products in this order:

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II, PMDG 777-200LR/F (and expansions), PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster, PMDG 737-NGX (and expansions.)

Again I want to stress that PMDG customers who have already purchased our products for Prepar3D v3 **as of the day we release the Prepar3D v4 compatible version** will receive the update at no cost...  (No matter what foolishness you read on the internet!  :biggrin:)

We will have lots more information for you in the coming days, so please stay tuned!

• Upvote 33

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank you!

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

Well that is excellent news that you will give the update at no cost - I was thinking that transferring over to v4 AND having to buy the 747-400 again was going to be massively cost prohibitive. I need two new throttle controls too.

Excellent news thanks for the update Rob

Amazing news! Thanks Robert! Such exciting times! I'm watching Matt Davies live stream at the moment and v4 looks absolutely amazing!!!

Cheers, brother Robert.

spacer.png

This is awesome news, but I expected such awesomeness from PMDG.  Thanks for all the hard work!

does this also apply to customers who bought pmdg 777 from aerosoft?

All of a sudden those products don't seem as expensive........thank you.

• Upvote 2

Daniel Rosso: ATP Single and Multi-Engine: B757 B767 BAE-ATP DA-50 DA-20 CE-650 CE-560-XL CE-525S DO-228: Flight Instructor Single and Multiengine Airplane Gold Seal:  Ground Instructor Advanced and Instrument: Remote Pilot SUAS

3 minutes ago, Lbt564 said:

does this also apply to customers who bought pmdg 777 from aerosoft?

Actually a good question... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I've been holding off on the Queen v2, waiting to hear if this was the case. Bravo!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

John,

We have been telling folks over and over since January of 2015 that the x64 transition was already included in your Prepar3D purchase...   If you see anyone else who seems to have missed that news- please pass along the word?  We would hate for folks to miss the bus because they didn't know!

For Aerosoft customers:  Yes- you will be included.  If you purchased via download from Aerosoft it will be a simple matter of getting them the download files.  If you purchased on DVD, there are a fair number of greater logistical challenges, and as always- you will need to be patient while we work with Aerosoft to sort out a solution.  (Sorry... but DVDs are just harder to support with major changes!)

• Upvote 3

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Respect Sir. Great treat for your customers.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Thank you so much Robert ! Amazing news, I thought we'd have to wait months :) Excellent product and customer support!

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Thanks, Robert (and the rest of the PMDG team!).

Thanks for the update to your product portfolio. Appreciate the open communication.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471