Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Prepar3D v4 Compatibility And PMDG Products

Thanks for the information Robert. Glad we have finally heard about P3d V4 and your updates :). I cannot wait to get these beasts into the new sim. Keep up the amazing work. 

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the triple 7 and the NGX with no OOMs.

finally i can do longhauls without keeping my hand on my heart and worrying about oom. 

• Upvote 1

Hi Mr. Randazzo, great news!!!

Just one question: will PMDG products prize increase after the release of P3D V4 ? :blush:

Thanks!

Best regards, Massimo Solimbergo

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot

1 minute ago, A320wolf said:

Hi Mr. Randazzo, great news!!!

Just one question: will PMDG products prize increase after the release of P3D V4 ? :blush:

Thanks!

Best regards, Massimo Solimbergo

Doubt it.

This is fantastic news!  I have a couple of questions though that if someone from PMDG might like to answer.

I imagine that the constraints of VAS have been a limiting factor in features and functions within flight sim aircraft for some time, is this correct?  For example texture sizes, full aircraft modelled in flight deck view etc.. sounds.. and so on.. I'm just guessing not being a developer myself.  

Are you able to give us an idea of the significance of this change in terms of what it will enable you to do that you couldn't do in the past?  I am sure others would be really interested as well.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Craig Read, EGLL

2 minutes ago, craig_read said:

Are you able to give us an idea of the significance of this change in terms of what it will enable you to do that you couldn't do in the past?

I really don't think it will change too much for us. There's a difference between being VAS conscious, and cutting functions for VAS. I think we've always been the former, so it won't be too much of a change. We were conscious of our VAS use before, and I imagine that we will continue to be. Most of the limits we run into are more functions of the sim (hardcoded animation limits, and so on). The only real difference I see is fewer people yelling at us for "causing" OOMs with simulators packed full of scenery add-ons.

• Upvote 5

Kyle Rodgers

Thank You!

Greg Morin

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Excellent news. Cant wait to fly in V4 with my PMDG aircraft. Thanks for all the work and dedication

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Good news, thank you for the fast response to the community.

Now I just don't know how I'm going to handle the sim without FSUIPC...

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

As you're testing, apart from VAS, it's not an issue anymore, what about the multi thread support? Did you see better implementation with P3D v4 than v3?

• Upvote 1

Rain effects on the windscreen and adding the eyepoint balls for the x64 platform is a dream of mine, hope this can be possible in a future update  - David Lee

• Upvote 2