Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Prepar3D v4 Compatibility And PMDG Products

Guess I will be buying the QOTS now, can't believe I'm jumping back into FS, I just heard it looks awesome in VR.

4 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

Now that the cat is out of the bag on the worst kept secret in simming, we can **finally** give you a bit of information on what our Prepar3D customers can expect to expect moving forward during the next few weeks and months.

We will have lots more information for you in the coming days, so please stay tuned!

Yes !!! Great news ! With V4-64bit I'll jump into P3D (I'm always with Fsx Acc at this time), and buy again these great aircrafts !

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

24 minutes ago, ohsirus said:

Guess I will be buying the QOTS now, can't believe I'm jumping back into FS, I just heard it looks awesome in VR.

Don't waste your money on VR if you haven't purchased a unit yet. the resolution is terrible. I personally would hold off until its at 4k. just my opinion.

• Upvote 3

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

45 minutes ago, Roadburner426 said:

This might seem stupid, but I bought the FSX version of NGX on release and never got the Prepar3d version. When you are saying the upgrade is free for current Prepar3d customers are the v4 native licenses going to be more expensive, or the same price as currently in the store? As long as the v4 versions are the same price I will just wait till release, but if buying a Prepar3d license now saves me some money then I will do so. Thank you for the news though. I cannot wait to make the transition from FSX in to 64 bit.

You might as well go ahead. RSR clearly states the free upgrade/same price is only guaranteed as far as the day the v4 version is released.

5 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Again I want to stress that PMDG customers who have already purchased our products for Prepar3D v3 **as of the day we release the Prepar3D v4 compatible version** will receive the update at no cost...

- Ike Callaway

5 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Those who are already customers of our Prepar3D products will be able to obtain these new versions at no cost.

So FSX and FSX:SE customers will have to pay full price if making the switch to P3Dv4?

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

37 minutes ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

So FSX and FSX:SE customers will have to pay full price if making the switch to P3Dv4?

Yes, same as if you were switching from FSX to P3Dv3 (or v2 for that matter).

Walter Meier

1 minute ago, wsmeier said:

Yes, same as if you were switching from FSX to P3Dv3 (or v2 for that matter).

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure and just wanted some clarity on the matter. I always knew moving to a 64 bit sim was going to be expensive.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

Fantastic news ( but not for my bank account! :takut:). Just woke up  and found out we are finally getting a 64bit simulator, ( I live in West Australia ) goodbye FSX:SE and all your OOM's, and PMDG are going to be ready shortly after. ( even better )

Thanks for the news, Robert , and all the work you guys put into making our "hobby" so authentic. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, petkez said:

Don't waste your money on VR if you haven't purchased a unit yet. the resolution is terrible. I personally would hold off until its at 4k. just my opinion.

I find using SS 2.0 and Flyinsides highest resolution everything is readable and I get good frame rates so the immersion is outstanding. 4K is probably 3+ years away. I have the NGX and it's outstanding in VR.

Well it looks like I'm buying P3D and a bunch of add ons again :huh::laugh:

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Thank you, thank you, thank you......Wow!! This is Christmas in July...well May.  I'm so excited I have to go change my drawers :ha:

Boy, the wife's gonna hate me!  I've almost pulled the trigger on P3D a few times now, only to resist the temptation after figuring in the cost of transitioning my fleet.  No excuse now.  Time to find a side-hussle to pay for all of this.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Great news. Thanks