Sign in to follow this  
jzimmermann

P3Dv4 AU and NZ

Just some random P3Dv4 screenshots from flying over Australia and New Zealand.

The AU scenery is YSSY from FlyTampa, NZ is Godzone NZDN and the now freeware VectorLandClass.

The detailed autogen density that's possible now without the risk of an OOM crash is superb.

Cheers,

Jerome

lj9XHMp.jpg

H45NiX2.jpg

912W24D.jpg

muUbFYT.jpg

7MMjKpU.jpg

DT0jbXr.jpg

98rbXjS.jpg

YXkcGVK.jpg

J5QM3ee.jpg

KUybWR9.jpg

AiE6s3F.jpg

CAVndAq.jpg

LgOzgtg.jpg

Ua9L6Sv.jpg

Great looking set!  How does Las Vegas look in v4?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Amazing,  looks good all the way to the horizon.  How is performance with all that detail?

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

Looks like the ground poly in YSSY isn't working correctly. That should be a fairly easy fix by FT.

11 hours ago, jzimmermann said:

The AU scenery is YSSY from FlyTampa

At  FlyTampa YSSY I usually get momentary black textures when I look away then quickly look back at the same scene. Does this still happen with V4?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi,

Thanks for all the comments.

4 hours ago, pugilist2 said:

Great looking set!  How does Las Vegas look in v4?

I haven't had a look at Vegas, though I'm sure that it will look even better with FlyTampa's upcoming Vegas scenery.

4 hours ago, Victoroos said:

what aircraft is that? THat it works in v4?

It's the Bonanza A36 that is included with P3Dv4.

3 hours ago, Hubinsc said:

Amazing,  looks good all the way to the horizon.  How is performance with all that detail?

Performance is so much better than P3Dv3, my FPS stay at 30 fps locked with an immense amount of detail.

3 hours ago, NZ255 said:

Looks like the ground poly in YSSY isn't working correctly. That should be a fairly easy fix by FT.

Yes, FlyTampa have announced that they will be patching their airports to offer P3Dv4 compatibility.

2 hours ago, gboz said:

At  FlyTampa YSSY I usually get momentary black textures when I look away then quickly look back at the same scene. Does this still happen with V4?

gb.

No, that is a thing of the past with P3Dv4.

Cheers,

Jerome

56 minutes ago, jzimmermann said:

No, that is a thing of the past with P3Dv4.

Wow, that's cool!

I guess they can be a bit less aggressive with unloading textures when we're not looking at them now :)

7 hours ago, NZ255 said:

Wow, that's cool!

I guess they can be a bit less aggressive with unloading textures when we're not looking at them now :)

Exactly, one of many advantages of P3Dv4 being 64-bit.