Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Active Sky

On Facebook, Active Sky already has a P3D Version 4 ready to go. 

• Upvote 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Well, check one more off the list...

ORBX - check

A2A - check

ASN - check

REX - ambiguous answer

3/4 aint bad. Anything else I can wait on.

4 minutes ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

Well, check one more off the list...

ORBX - check

A2A - check

ASN - check

REX - ambiguous answer

3/4 aint bad. Anything else I can wait on.

FSUIPC is a must for me, otherwise staying with 3.4 

• Upvote 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

FSUIPC is a must for me, otherwise staying with 3.4 

Yes it seems that is going to be a problem for many people. Hope that can be sorted for you.

from the active sky web site

"Introducing Active Sky for P3Dv4: featuring P3Dv4 integration, a 64-bit ASConnect interface, 64-bit XGauge, improved visibility depiction, turbulence effect enhancements, active runway data and more. This will be a FREE UPGRADE for all AS16 for P3D users. Purchase AS16 for P3D (reduced AND on sale right now at a deep discount) and you’ll receive the free upgrade to ASP4 on release!

Because of the very complex and challenging changes required for advanced Active Sky weather integration with P3Dv4 over 64 bit, many core fundamental modules and processes had to be redesigned. The development is complete, but we have not yet performed proper BETA testing. As P3Dv4 releases, we will concurrently begin our beta cycle. We will release as soon as possible. This could occur as early as a few days after P3Dv4 release, but may take more time.  We will keep everyone updated on our progress throughout the beta.

Thanks go out to all our customers for your continued support of Active Sky development.  We are excited and grateful to have to opportunity to create another Active Sky version in our 17th year of weather engine development.  Thank you for your patience while we finish getting it ready for release.

Stay tuned for more information at www.hifisimtech.com !"

Thank you Active Sky!

Greg

• Upvote 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Just now, tremor595 said:

sadly +1

Pete Dowson has only said that the upgrade to FSUIPC 5 will cost something. He's presently on one of his "famous" holidays, so we won't know anything for sure for a while.

I bloody knew it. Pete is on holiday and v4 sails into the harbor and ties up to pier. I imagine it will be a while before a 64bit fsuipc is available and sadly with all my hardware, I can't go to v4 until this is updated. Also need LINDA updated.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

Every evening i pray Pete Dowson may reach the age of 140 and never retires...

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I bloody knew it. Pete is on holiday and v4 sails into the harbor and ties up to pier. I imagine it will be a while before a 64bit fsuipc is available and sadly with all my hardware, I can't go to v4 until this is updated. Also need LINDA updated.

bet his mobile is buzzing no stop right now !!  :laugh:

I read in another forum Pete may not be up to develop a 64bit version. If so, not good at all.

Eric 

The last I recall reading from Pete himself before leaving on holiday was that he hadn't made a decision as whether or not he wanted to get into a project that big and that, if he did, it would NOT be a free upgrade.

Best stop speculating and see what he says when he returns on the 25th.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I just saw on Twitch live ADXLive, that FSUIPC V5 it almost done as per Rob Ainscough who say that on the chat...

RobAinscough: Curious, what is in FSX that people are going to miss? FSUIPC5 is almost done, only a few missing items.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Dervakon said:

I just saw on Twitch live ADXLive, that FSUIPC V5 it almost done as per Rob Ainscough who say that on the chat...

I saw that also. If Rob and Dino Cattaneo both say FSUIPC 5 is almost done, then that's good enough for me. They are both on the LM beta team as is (last I checked) Pete Dowson.

I  know of a few more 3rd party utilities that are upgraded for V4, but it's up to the specific developer to officially notify the community. Some 3rd party developers want to wait until a new flight sim version is released for a short period of time in order to assure that the release version of the sim behaves the same as the final beta.

What about FSFX Packages, Immersion Packages, Chaseplane, and EZDOK v2 and Flght1 GTN 650/750? Will those be 64bit compatible soon?

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU