Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

VR - Everything is Natively Clickable according JV

Hey,

Looks like everything is clickable in VR natively....the performance gain will be cool...though Flyinside does give me VR-SLI and that is quite epic performance too.  Very interesting times.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/135405-prepar3d-v4-64bit-orbx-preview-4k-screenshots/?do=findComment&comment=1200598

I am uninstalling P3D3.4 right now (haven't even used it since March)

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Do you still need something such as trinus to send it to the headset?

I have it working on my Samsung, but the head tracking with opentrack turns the image sideways...

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Will there be native vr support in p3d v4?

I cannot find much about it....

1 hour ago, bic said:

Do you still need something such as trinus to send it to the headset?

I have it working on my Samsung, but the head tracking with opentrack turns the image sideways...

31 minutes ago, jozeff said:

Will there be native vr support in p3d v4?

I cannot find much about it....

P3D v3 already has VR support... you didn't need anything extra. Thing is it was kind of "spectator" a d. Ow it will be clickabke/controllabke from the vr view. 

So, does that mean that Samsung Gear VR will work or is it only the Occulus Rift still?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

13 minutes ago, bic said:

So, does that mean that Samsung Gear VR will work or is it only the Occulus Rift still?

I doubt you will (ever) be able to run P3D on a Samsung phone. :happy: You will need a Rift or Vive.

I will be happy if I can fly and interact with the cockpit, just like is the case with DCS/Aerofly2. Don`t need much else.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

8 minutes ago, turner112 said:

VR... well, kinda makes it hard to look at my iPad...

True, though there are EFB apps that let you look at charts and operating procedures etc. in-sim.  No idea if any are VR compatible yet, but it ought to be possible.  I would think a moving map would be possible as well.  

8 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

True, though there are EFB apps that let you look at charts and operating procedures etc. in-sim.  No idea if any are VR compatible yet, but it ought to be possible.  I would think a moving map would be possible as well.  

Oh, I'm sure - but I typically use my iPad to "fully simulate" what I'm doing in reality, but maybe eventually there will be some way to feed the iPad video out to a virtual, clickable screen :)   (if that doesn't already exist)

2 minutes ago, turner112 said:

Oh, I'm sure - but I typically use my iPad to "fully simulate" what I'm doing in reality, but maybe eventually there will be some way to feed the iPad video out to a virtual, clickable screen :)   (if that doesn't already exist)

There are iOS simulators so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.  The question is - is there enough of a market for such a product to justify development for a niche of a niche of a niche (people who want to use iPads in flight sim through VR)?