Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D V4 addons compatibility list

If you run any of the FSDT installers it will explicitly  tell you to uninstall any existing version  of SODE. If one is not present  than the installer  will continue  normally.

Just an FYI, I was getting the same error message from FSDT regarding an old version of SODE even though I couldn't locate it in the Control Panel and found the "offending" SODE install located in the PacSim/Salt Lake City Int folder.  I used the SODE install from that folder to remove it and then the GSX and FSDT airports would install without a problem. 

This begs several questions: do I go back and reinstall 1.4.2 SODE to reenable jetways in KSLC? The FSDT Forum is not accessible, I presume because of volume. Secondly, has anyone seen anything from PacSim regarding KSLC compatibility with P3DV4?

Fred Ziker

i7-13700k, Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790, 32gb DDR5-6400, GeForce RTX3080Ti, Noctua NH-D15 Chromax CPU cooler, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD

All pacsim scenery will be made V4 compatible.  On their facebook page the said they are going through updating the installers and will have an update later.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

16 hours ago, kenthom said:

Any word on MyTraffic Pro 6?

Good morning,

I installed it this morning with no issue aside from having to manually edit the Simobjects.cfg file with notepad++.  Instructions below:

From WITHIN the sim, add a scenery library for MyTraffic Professional 6.  Add the location that you installed it to ie: C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic  <--DO NOT add the aircraft folder.

Move the new entry down the line until it is just about the Global Generic & Vehicle Libraries.

Before you exit you sim, make sure you have some traffic turned on!

Next, download notepad++ - new file format for the .CFG files that, if not manipulated correctly, could have you reinstalling your sim!!

Browse to C:\Program Data\ Lockheed Martin\P3Dv4 (or whatever  you named it).

Open the Simobjects.cfg

If you have not done anything to this file, your next line will be 10.  Add the following (but replace 10 with the next number in sequence if you have something already added in there):

[Entry.10] 
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles 
Path=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=False
Active=True

I forgot to add that you will also need to navigate to <P3D SIM FOLDER>\Scenery\World\Scenery and find a file called trafficAircraft.BGL and change it to .OFF or .OLD so that you dont see any default AI aircraft.  Should look like this trafficAircraft.BGL.OFF

Simple as that!!!!

Enjoy!!!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, gboz said:

Do you have a direct link?
I'm just seeing the old 2.26.1.

Thanks,
gb.

From the home page select "Support" and "Latest Software" and it should have 2.28.0.   Downloaded and V4 now recognizes my hardware, depending on the aircraft.

Mike

ok - since this has become a discussion thread as opposed to an information one, I'm unpinning it.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

What about Abacus 787? :( I flies it all times long hall .

Excuse me for asking this, but how does one install FTX sceneries (FTX Global, FTX EU LC etc...) when FTX Central doesn't recognize Prepar3D V4, yet...?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Excuse me for asking this, but how does one install FTX sceneries (FTX Global, FTX EU LC etc...) when FTX Central doesn't recognize Prepar3D V4, yet...?

We are waiting for the new FTX Central, they are fixing last minute error.

Hoang Le

• Upvote 1

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Just now, Hoang said:

We are waiting for the new FTX Central, they are fixing last minute error.

Hoang Le

Ah okay... thanks for answering THAT fast. Was kinda expecting that. Oh, well - let's hope it's soon. 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

The drzewiecki design owner/developer just posted on his support forum:

"Hi. 
Aproppriate comments will be published asap. As for now v4 is not oficially supported but it definitely will be soon."

3 hours ago, fzike said:

This begs several questions: do I go back and reinstall 1.4.2 SODE to reenable jetways in KSLC? The FSDT Forum is not accessible, I presume because of volume. Secondly, has anyone seen anything from PacSim regarding KSLC compatibility with P3DV4?

Have you found that SODE 1.5.0 doesn't work with jetways for that scenery ? I find it odd, since the changes from 1.4.2 to 1.5.0 were mainly compatibility with 64 bit (but it will work in 32 bit too), and some internal changes to the GSX API, which is only used by GSX, so other sceneries shouldn't be affected.

PACSIM does not have a forum, so I am wondering if anyone has any news on Salt Lake City?  Their page says "All products will be in v4" but PACSIM does not have an account system, so there is no way to log in and grab an updated installer.  I am wondering how that will even be distributed considering there is no account system at all.

Hi Faelandia!

I installed KSLC in P3Dv4 and it looks great no errors.  I have also installed the following and absolutely no issues or errors:

Cielosim-KJAX and KPAO

LatinVFR-KRDU, KSNA, KSAN, TJSJ, KRSW and KEYW

DD-Washington X, New York X and Miami X

KPHL Sunykist-Freeware

T2G-KMCO and KSEA

All of the FlyTampa that are updated

So far so good,  tried AS US Cities LA major issues had to uninstall!  Should quit when I'm ahead!  

Still have the black buildings that correct themselves when changing views but great fps in DD;s Washington X, New York X and Miami X (45 to 50 FPS) which used to cause my FPS to drop into the low 20s.

• Upvote 1