Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D V4 addons compatibility list

I see on the spreadsheet that AS Heathrow is listed as working - anyone got the jetways to work? GSX reports default jetways. Also, do we have to use the installer or simply ad entries to the scenery.cfg?

2 hours ago, ibelarry said:

I am on a roll...after testing most of my US Airports I crossed the pond to Europe and tested a lot of my European scenery: Added/linked them from my P3Dv3 to P3Dv4 scenery.cfg (separate cfgs one for Europe, one for North America).  By the way this method is working flawlessly so far, saves ssd drive space.  Here is the list of Euro scenery that is working flawlessly so far;

All the Justsims

All of the Prealsoft HD Cities

T2G LFPG and FranceVFR-Isle de Paris-averged 35 fps with all settings on high. Never got that in P3Dv3 and the load times are much faster

Moscow City X

Digital Design Salzbourg

All of the FSDG sceneries minor runway elevation issues in LGKJ

Tropicalsims-LIPQ, LPPR and LPPR

T2G-LTBA and EDDM

Yes I know I am a scenery junkie..armchair traveler can't wait for ORBX to fix the new edition of FTX Central....

Method works great thanks!

Can confirm it also works with:

T2G VHHH

PacSim RPLL

Waiting for my planes to be updated over and im all set! :D

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

1 hour ago, snapshot21 said:

T2G VHHH

PacSim RPLL

Do your gates work? SODE? GSX? 

18 hours ago, TonyD said:

A totally unofficial hack.

Flight1 BN-2 Islander was never updated for P3D ... but if you can live without the switch sounds and Kn GPS ....it works perfectly in v4

Simply install into a dummy directory and copy only the SimObjects\Flight One BN-2 Islander into P3Dv4 SimObjects\  folder

Good news :)
Is the GPS just a case of copying the Terminus.TTF font file that it uses or is it 32-bit code?
Also there is somewhere an unofficial update to replace the GPS with a more modern one, will dig it out in case.

This is probably old knowledge, but the Aerosoft Twin Otter is now downloadable with a V4 installer, however it doesn't use the new Add-On install folders, just goes straight into P3D

Cheers
Keith

The kln90a gauge was written back in the depths of time by Ernie Alston (of FS Build fame).
I think it stopped working after P3Dv2.4, some dependency was broken.

I commented out the gauge in the panel.cfg and use a pop-up default GPS. (or GTN750)
Thankfully the majority of the other gauges were written in xml which is why it still works

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

1 hour ago, Mike Blackburn said:

Do your gates work? SODE? GSX? 

Cant test gates yet because I dont have a suitable aircraft to use for testing them. GSX works though.

Can i ask specifically how people are testing adding old sceneries into V4?

Are they running an installer and pointing it at V4? Or maybe installing into a fake directory then manually shifting the folders over or is simply using the scenery library function in v4 and adding the scenery by using the add area function and then just selecting the P3D V3 location?

great info in here thanks...

Darren Howie

6 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

T2G VHHH

PacSim RPLL

Can you provide more detail on how this works.  You add a second and third scenery.cfg one for each region (I guess if you want to go this way) or do you just add the lines manually to the existing cfg ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

37 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Can you provide more detail on how this works.  You add a second and third scenery.cfg one for each region (I guess if you want to go this way) or do you just add the lines manually to the existing cfg ?

For me, I just made a backup of the original scenery.cfg and I inserted the sceneries in the main one. Didn't create a scenery per region. Just follow the format of the other sceneries inside :biggrin:

1 hour ago, snapshot21 said:

For me, I just made a backup of the original scenery.cfg and I inserted the sceneries in the main one. Didn't create a scenery per region. Just follow the format of the other sceneries inside :biggrin:

OK cool, I will try this.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I don't want to sound too harsh here, but from some questions people are asking here, I can tell that they probably shouldn't mess with their P3D v4 install and instead just wait until developers have updated installers/sceneries. Especially sceneries of those devs who have already stated that they will provide P3D v4 updates soon. If you know what you are doing then trying out some non-updated sceneries is perfectly fine, but if not then just wait and do not mess up your installation.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Ive found so far that all of the T2G, Latinvfr, drzweicki and megascenery Earth sceneries work. I just copied the respective folder to P3Dv4 addon folder and added to the scenery library manually. For the megascenery, I just linked each scenery folder to the scenery library in P3D. Works great. The performance is incredible for the dense city areas too. I never had that in P3Dv3. 

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

I forgot  to mention  that fsaerodata, which updates  P3d navaids and procedures for every  default airport is compatible with P3d V4. You must download  the most recent beta version from the official support  forum and use Navigraph AIRAC 1706 revision 1.

I didn't see it listed on the spreadsheet, but Sim720 noted on their forum

"Over the next week or two we will be testing our products in Prepar3D V4 and providing nothing major is broken we will be releasing updated installers."

That was posted yesterday

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

When I installed T2G SEA and tried adding it to the library I added the main folder instead of the 2 sub folders I needed to add.  I deleted that and added the right ones and I got the scenery to work but now anytime I try to manually add something to the library I get a CTD.  I'll have to look into that and see what's causing it once I get home. 

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram