Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D V4 addons compatibility list

OK, in fact AS Mega Airport Heathrow not working properly - no runway markings and the taixways are a little dodgy too.

Tried Mega Airport Zurich too - no taxiways.

Please could the spreadsheet be updated to reflect these?

fspassenger not compatible, just start a new carrer in v3 but ill have to wait I guess some time

9 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

For me, I just made a backup of the original scenery.cfg and I inserted the sceneries in the main one. Didn't create a scenery per region. Just follow the format of the other sceneries inside :biggrin:

No I have separate folders in P3Dv4 Program Dataa folder for each area i.e. North America, Europe so I do not overload the sim and scenery cfg.  Was using simstarter for P3Dv3 as you can have separate scenery cfgs and it it pull from the cfg you want to fly from.  This is a great tool as you can create separate configs for both sim settings and scenery.  Waiting for the update for P3Dv4 .  Until the update comes out for simstarter I am manually editing the scenery cfgs to add scenery using the built-in scenery library editor as the text format has changed to unicode for P3Dv4.

Agree Heathrow needs to be modified to works occasionally. I have the same issue as lots of people with runway and taxiway textures missing.

Its far from fine...lol...oh Anchorage does the same thing. Scenery is all there just no taxiway or runway texturing with markings etc.

Darren Howie

10 hours ago, ibelarry said:

No I have separate folders in P3Dv4 Program Dataa folder for each area i.e. North America, Europe so I do not overload the sim and scenery cfg.  Was using simstarter for P3Dv3 as you can have separate scenery cfgs and it it pull from the cfg you want to fly from.  This is a great tool as you can create separate configs for both sim settings and scenery.  Waiting for the update for P3Dv4 .  Until the update comes out for simstarter I am manually editing the scenery cfgs to add scenery using the built-in scenery library editor as the text format has changed to unicode for P3Dv4.

Don't think you need worry about a sim starter type app with 64 bit memory access now...?

spacer.png

Some information regarding iFly, they are also offering free updates of their products (B737NG and B747/748i).

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/where-we-are-going_topic15425.html

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Just as info,

all Airport from Aerosoft are not kompatible with V4, and they published that they will not do the updates in the near future if any.

7 minutes ago, holi said:

Just as info,

all Airport from Aerosoft are not kompatible with V4, and they published that they will not do the updates in the near future if any.

Where are you reading that?  Can you link to the statement?

Ian R Tyldesley

I can't find it anywhere

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

9 hours ago, dikkeduif said:

Why isn't this post pinned?

That was explained very clearly in this very thread. It's a speculative discussion at best and not an official source of any reliable information. I agreed with the move to inpin it.

4 hours ago, holi said:

Just as info,

source please?

Enrique Vaamonde

Hello,

Tropicalsim confirmed in the email sent to me that all their P3DV2/V3 native products will work in V4.
CHeers,

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

2 hours ago, evaamo said:

source please?

I don't think he has one.  Everything I found states the contrary 

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

3 hours ago, evaamo said:

source please?

As you suspected, there is no source. Here is the thread about P3d V4 from the Aerosoft official forum:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/123480-prepar3d-v4-and-aerosoft/

My favorite quote in that thread from Mathijs Kok of Aerosoft:

Posted May 24 · 

... I honestly believe P3D V3 will be a dinosaur in a matter of months. V4 is just so much better.