Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D V4 addons compatibility list

Hello, 

In my opinion it will be a good idea to create and update on regular basis the excel file (based on google docs) with addons which will be updated to P3D v4. 

In the future, we could also make "transfer" the list into the pinned topic and update regularly once a week for example. 

I divided spreadsheet into 4 categories:

• Aircrafts
  • Scenery (other than airports)
  • Airports
  • Utilities

Each category has the same layout, such as: 

• Addon Developer name
  • Product name
  • P3D v4 compatibility with 3 states:
    • compatible
    • pending (addon developer mentioned that product will be compatible in the future)
    • no info (we have no info about possible compatibility)
  • ETA (possible date of the product update) 
  • Pricing policy:
    • free upgrade (no upgrade fee for existing customers)
    • upgrade fee 
    • no info (we have no info about pricing)
  • Reference/Source (links about relevant posts/announcements about compatibility with v4) 

If you are interested, please write down information about new products in the format I listed above, and I will update the list every few hours :) 

LINK TO SPREADSHEET: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NqrnrO-LOna7TWBYwC2PNfqlFrlyUNRa0E2VLkwpK1o/edit?usp=sharing

@Moderators I would be grateful if the topic would be pinned 

Arek

• Upvote 24

There's a bit of discussion from my thread.  A lot of scenery developers have said that they will have free upgrades to V4.

• Upvote 1

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

ChasePlane - FSFX Packages developer quoted today on Facebook, "Works out of the box"

Milviz - spokesperson today on Facebook, "We will be supporting V4 and are working with LM to do so. However, due to the amount of code that has to be modified, we will, likely, have to charge for this. As well, it will take some time to deliver all of our products. Finally, some products, like the F-15E and the 737, will either have to be changed considerably and or dumped. Sorry but that's how it is over here."

• Upvote 1

Just an FYI, based on Mir's feedback today, the sceneries should be easy to bring in to v4, unlike the aircraft (if the code isn't in xml, good luck.) 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

FreeMeshX is compatible and no I won't be asking for an upgrade fee (now wouldn't that be a farce?) :biggrin:

• Upvote 20

• Upvote 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious if the Addon's Scenery's folder structure remains the same and then we could install airports by just pointing them to the P3D v4 directory, or new dedicated installers will be needed for every airport.

I'm sure dedicated v4 installers would optimize the sceneries specifically for the new sim, but if the v3 installers  could mostly work, it will help reduce the transition time tremendously.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Anyone heard anything regarding the PMDG NGX?

I hope it will be made compatible despite being an old product by now so we won't end up having to wait for ages for a brand new one.

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

6 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Anyone heard anything regarding the PMDG NGX?

I hope it will be made compatible despite being an old product by now so we won't end up having to wait for ages for a brand new one.

RSR said that it will be ported, but it is the last product they will update (only after 747, 777 and DC-6). 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

The ULTIMATE P3D v4 Add-On Update Compatibility List

http://www.theskylounge.tv/topic/5106-the-ultimate-p3d-v4-add-on-update-compatibility-list/

This seems to be updated fairly well:-)

• Upvote 2

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

The key question for me is......will Earth Simulations scenery and TreeScapes work in P3D v4?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png