Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

P3D v4 SLI

I wonder how SLI will perform in the new release. Talk about perfect timing. I have a new PC on its way. Just waiting on the courier to deliver it in a few days. I have 2 1080's in SLI, 7700k and 32gb of 2666mhz ram.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Good question.  However I will throw a wrench into the works.   With the new LOD tweak in V4, looks like we could easily hit 10.8 gb of vram usage.  Have you considered one of the incoming RX Vega cards?  No timeframe yet, but they will ship with up to 16gb of HBM 2 vram.  Unfortunately SLI won't stack vram, so 2 1080 cards in SLI will still leave you with only 8gb of vram to play with.

Jordan King just said on the Twitch Stream that he tested SLI and it made almost no difference.  Recommendation is to get a 1080Ti as they push so much to the GPU and it will eat up a lot of VRAM depending on the settings.

• Upvote 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I will have to make do with 2x980s for now.  Will upgrade the next cycle after 1080 series. Which is next year.  I am quite certain we will have standard 16gb VRAM next year in all the latest cards, as AR will start gaining momentum.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Jordan King just said on the Twitch Stream that he tested SLI and it made almost no difference.  Recommendation is to get a 1080Ti as they push so much to the GPU and it will eat up a lot of VRAM depending on the settings.

Great!  I just bought a 1080Ti.  Will be picking up my computer tomorrow (:

My I ask a question?  I am running a i7 4790K OC at 4.7 GHz.  I have a GTX 1060 Video Card.  When I run P3d V4 on a single screen I am getting up to 72 FPS.  When I extend to 3 Monitors my frame rate dros to 20 to 24 FPS.  I am considering an upgrade such that I can run 3 screens with higher FPS.  If I had to choose between and i7 7700K and the 1080 Ti video card, whuch do you feel would offer the greatest dividens baring in mind to uppgrade my CPU requires a Memory, CPU, and mohterboard upgrade, meaning the Price of the video card would be around the same price as the CPU upgrade.  I can do one, but am reluctant to do both..............................................

On 24/5/2017 at 2:34 AM, MarkW said:

I think it depends on the scenario.

I have tested in FB KSFO with FTX NCA,AS2016 and ASCA and using Nvidia Inspector to show GPU load.

SLI is really performing when bad weather or overcast is present (AA, or some shadows setting is pushed) . Also on some settings looking down on the PFD,ND in the PMDG747-400 from runway 28L made my FPS drop 5-8fps (GPU Load above 100%)where same settings had no impact in SLI.

I have 2 x GTX970´s which doesnt cost so much anymore and before my i7@4770K is going to be replaced i would not switch at the moment.

The downside is proberly lag of developement in the future so my upgrade will focus on single GPU.

SLI is performing on my system way better than V3 (25HZ,unlimited FPS,VSYNC ON,4K)

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi,

Just a food for thought but if you have your SLI cards bridged, then please enable SLI however under global settings (NCP), select a SINGLE GPU, This as a result will allow you to have both of your GPU's work as a single card give you more RAM.

This has made a good improvement on my system and as a result I now get a very smooth 30FPS (Locked) with no stutter at all.

See hgow you get on compared to your current settings.

• Upvote 2

2x 1070s superclocked here 80-100+ xcountry .   I would recommend this route if you already have 1 1070.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 13/06/2017 at 11:55 AM, abdulaslam said:

Hi,

Just a food for thought but if you have your SLI cards bridged, then please enable SLI however under global settings (NCP), select a SINGLE GPU, This as a result will allow you to have both of your GPU's work as a single card give you more RAM.

This has made a good improvement on my system and as a result I now get a very smooth 30FPS (Locked) with no stutter at all.

See hgow you get on compared to your current settings.

Hi 

I've got another 980ti.  Can you talk me through this please

I've got it bridged ok

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, tooting said:

Capture2.jpg

This Deactivates SLI doesnt it ? I only see on GPU working

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I've also been thinking that.  I just took the advice of Mr abdulaslam 

Maybe one of the hardware gurus could give a definitive answer?   Rob?

14ppkc-6.png