Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

P3D v4 SLI

Turn ON the SLI indicator in the NVCPL - if the green bar shows when running - it is in SLI. If not..........

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, tooting said:

Thanks Vic, does that look correct >??

Yep! That's it.

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

Muchas thanksyous 

But still.

If you set the Single GPU profile in NVI Controlpanel under either Global or under Program specific (P3d.exe), the workload across GPU´s (SLI profile) is disabled.

I have NVI (inspector) showing this in realtime (also VRAM and temp)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

4 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

But still.

If you set the Single GPU profile in NVI Controlpanel under either Global or under Program specific (P3d.exe), the workload across GPU´s (SLI profile) is disabled.

I have NVI (inspector) showing this in realtime (also VRAM and temp)

Michael Moe

What do you have it set too Michael 

14ppkc-6.png

What do you have it set too Michael 

NVI recommended in the Global settings

On the dedicated Program settings (P3D.exe i have it at (Nvidia SLI) profile )

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

So can either Poppet or Rob please help here.

Should v4 be run as

A. Single GPU

B. Ndivia recommended

Many thanks.   A or B please

14ppkc-6.png

47 minutes ago, tooting said:

Should v4 be run as

A. Single GPU

B. Ndivia recommended

It depends. If You have a powerful single card with 6GB + VRAM you dont need SLI i would suspect. SLI is working great but you have to remember that GPU videoram is not doubled. 

That meens that all those GPU features you would push the card with has a bootleneck because videoram is filled quickly. My SLI 970's normal is at about 50-70%. Overcast and 3D raineffects makes it 90-100% or Dynamic lighting and high AA. 

I am surely looking at singlecard with more VRAM. 

If you meen you have SLI now i would first choose Nvidia recommended and then go on up and choose Nvidia SLI. The last one is not shown on my system before accepting Nvidia recommended. 

Thanks 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

I have 2 980ti 

So A or B please. 

Many thanks 

I use C after activating B it is shown under the program specific settings. (p3d.exe) 

Se My last post 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Should v4 be run as

A. Single GPU

B. Ndivia recommended

C'mon Pete - you know the answer here - it's whatever works best on YOUR system with YOUR hardware.

I had 1070's in SLI - had no issues at all. I lock at 20fps so framerates were never an issue. What I noticed most was that because the load was split, my GPU's rarely got close to 100% utilization. This meant my fps stayed constant. Prior to SLI, when my GPU would max out, I'd get a drop in fps but never get an INCREASE in fps due to SLI.

Now, with V4, I want to run with high resolution textures and the texture exp at 10, which needs a LOT of video ram so I switched to a 1080ti. Pretty much everything works as expected except I now have the high res textures, etc on my 4K monitor - fps still locked at 20.

Although SLI "works" in p3d, it is not fully utilized so the benefits one might see in many of the game titles are not seen in P3D. As I said, all I ever saw was the load splitting of the GPU making the overall simi smoother.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Ok thanks for that 

trial and error I guess,  nothings ever easy!!

14ppkc-6.png

23 minutes ago, tooting said:

Ok thanks for that 

trial and error I guess,  nothings ever easy!!

In flight simming? Surely you jest!  :biggrin:

Vic

10 hours ago, tooting said:

Should v4 be run as

A. Single GPU

B. Ndivia recommended

Hmmm, I am neither Poppet nor Rob...

But, I do have 2 x GTX980TI's SLI's running 3 x 1920x1080. Driver 385.41 (and many others before), P3DV4.

I always had the B. solution and since version 3 somthing I could not get SLI to run satisfactorily (low FPS and jerky operation) - I was ready to throw the towel again and go back to single card operation. I then came across the post on the previous page of this post and changed my settings to A.

I have locked the frames at 25 and am getting smooth operation with variance of FPS generally </= 1.0 %. Of course with heavy scenery FPS drop but it stays flyable in almost all cases.

Trying the difference between A. and B. is utterly simple and do  not hurt your computer or sim. Go ahead and try.

Forgot to add:

CPUID HWINFO shows both GPU's being used, not at the same percentage of utilization, but still

Edited by A340Bangla
Added CPUID information
  • Upvote 1

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320