Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

CTD after recent add-on install (ntdll) FSX:SE

I installed Orbx KPSP, KEGE, KTEX, KSEZ and purchased the A2A Comanche 250.  They're all awesome purchases.  My current add-ons for the past few months or longer are as follows:

PMDG 737 NGX

PMDG 747 QOTSII

Flight 1 GTN 750

Realair Duke Turbine V2

Majestic Dash 8 Pro

FSFX 737 Immersion pack

AS2016

REX TD w/ soft clouds

Orbx FTX Global and Open LC NA with freeware NA airports

EZCA V1

WOAI

That's it.  I've made a few AFCAD updates along the way and nothing else.  Aside from the Orbx Freeware NA airports, I don't have any other airports prior to the one's I listed as just purchased.  I have flown in FSX:SE with all those listed (NGX, QOTSII, RA Duke with GTN) and never had a CTD.  Even with some stutters along the way at busy airports.  AI traffic is set low, road traffic is off.  I just don't have a ton of things cranked up.

Now the strange part, I flew the wonderful A2A Comanche from KTEX to KEGE.  I was navigating with the GTN750, so all those add-ons were active.  No crashes at all.  I have flown the Comanche with the GTN750 into KSEZ and a few places no problem.  I flew from Orbx KPSP to KVNY a couple days ago.  No issue.  However, the return trip is a no-go.  I have tried twice to return from VNY to PSP and it crashes about 40 miles out.  The errors are as followed:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.6195, time stamp: 0x4dcddbf3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0001500a
Faulting process id: 0x1058
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2d39cb4192d58
Faulting application path: F:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\MSVCR80.dll
Report Id: acad880f-3f96-11e7-bd2e-0862664b6e91

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23796, time stamp: 0x59028db3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00032a68
Faulting process id: 0x1058
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2d39cb4192d58
Faulting application path: F:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: af994142-3f96-11e7-bd2e-0862664b6e91

I have looked at the CTD guide and tweaked a couple things.  I did notice the DLL.XML had duplicate objectflow entries so I removed that.  Otherwise it's a mystery.  i find it hard to believe it's a memory error with such a short flight given all the add-ons I've been using for 2 years now.  Again, it's FSX:SE, DX9, and my specs are in the sig.  Windows 7 Pro.  I also ran the .net repair too as well.

Thx

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I tried flying this route (VNY to PSP) with the RealAir.  A plane I've never had poor performance with.  Total slide show about 35 miles out from PSP.  The game pretty much froze.  It's looking like PSP is just too much for me to load unless I start from there and depart. Too bad. 

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

With your computer system, you should have no problems whatsoever flying into or out of PSP.  There is something else that is taking up resources and crashing your sim.  The faulting module which showed up on your first crash (MSVCR80.dll) is the correct version of the module that comes with Microsoft Visuals C++2005.  Microsoft Visuals are used to make sure a product is installed as required by the developer.  If the product is not installed properly, it throws a MSVCR80.dll error.  So, it appears, as you are flying into PSP, FSX-SE is calling a module, perhaps objectflow, which is not loading properly.  Here is the entry I have in my dll.xml:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow.dll</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>G:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>

Make sure you have the latest Orbx Library installed by running FTX Central 3.  I would reinstall the Orbx Library.  Make sure you have the PSP version compatible with FTX Global/LC and not the one compatible with FTX Southern California.

You can also try flying a crash scenario to PSP again by disabling objectflow (you don't need it to fly into PSP.  Just change the line <Disabled>False</Disabled> to <Disabled>True</Disabled> in your dll.xml.  In the AVSIM CTD Guide, we also recommend you rename or move the dll.xml and run FSX again.  If the crashes continue, then the modules are not at fault.  Our guide also suggests deleting or renaming the fsx.cfg and restarting and letting the config rebuild as you may have inserted an evil tweak into your config which can take bring your computer to its knees if not configured correctly.  I always rename the config, then, if it made no difference, I'll bring the old config back.

The ntdll.dll crash is an indication of a bad overclock or high settings in FSX or the display driver.  It's a system module and it's telling you the application is taking up too many resources and terminates the application (in this case FSX).  I have a feeling your settings are too high as you have a pretty high end system and you probably think FSX cannot take down your powerful computer system.  FSX is an old program and FSX-SE is based on the old engine with some very slight modifications so it will work in Steam.

More suggestions in the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the reply.  I've done almost everything I can think of.  The only thing that works is the remove PSP entirely.  I can't get there with even a default plane and no Wx.  If I even select PSP in the default GPS it crashes or locks up.  I updated my drivers and even uninstalled and reinstalled the MS redistributables.  I'm not overclocking.  I completed a flight last night from KDVT to KSEZ, both Orbx airports and had no problems. 

I freezes or crashes on low settings and no traffic.  It's not my settings, it's something else.  Orbx libraries are up to date and I have made sure to uncheck the SoCal box in PSP.

Frustrated.

- Chris

I share your frustrations.  Obviously the issue is KPSP from Orbx.  At least you were able to identify the culprit of your crashes. 

The wrong version of FSUIPC will cause this crash.

The wrong version of ObjectFlow will cause this crash.

As I stated above, the MSCVR80.dll faulting module will be triggered to cause your application to crash if a product is not properly installed.  The ntdll.dll is memory related and when an application cannot find what it needs to load, it takes up resources causing the ntdll.dll to trigger a crash.  Both are Windows system files and do not belong to FSX or Orbx.  When you installed Orbx KPSP, you made sure UAC was disabled and any anti-virus program was exempted from scanning the folder that the Orbx, FSX files are installed?  There's a possibility your anti-virus program falsely quarantined a file needed by KPSP or it did not allow the required registry settings thinking a virus was being installed.  That's all a slim possibility and most anti-virus and anti-malware programs will tell you via a popup if they put something into quarantine but sometimes, one does not see the popup.

In the configuration settings of KPSP, did you disable all of the eye-candy? 

I have run out of ideas and I listed all of the probable causes/solutions of an ntdll.dll and mscvr80.dll crash that I found on the Internet in the AVSIM CTD Guide.  You can also try repairing a possible corrupted User Profile as described in the AVSIM CTD Guide.  If that does not work, then your last solution is to reinstall Windows and then FSX and then all of your add-ons.  Ugh!

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 5/25/2017 at 5:21 AM, Jim Young said:

I share your frustrations.  Obviously the issue is KPSP from Orbx.  At least you were able to identify the culprit of your crashes. 

The wrong version of FSUIPC will cause this crash.

The wrong version of ObjectFlow will cause this crash.

As I stated above, the MSCVR80.dll faulting module will be triggered to cause your application to crash if a product is not properly installed.  The ntdll.dll is memory related and when an application cannot find what it needs to load, it takes up resources causing the ntdll.dll to trigger a crash.  Both are Windows system files and do not belong to FSX or Orbx.  When you installed Orbx KPSP, you made sure UAC was disabled and any anti-virus program was exempted from scanning the folder that the Orbx, FSX files are installed?  There's a possibility your anti-virus program falsely quarantined a file needed by KPSP or it did not allow the required registry settings thinking a virus was being installed.  That's all a slim possibility and most anti-virus and anti-malware programs will tell you via a popup if they put something into quarantine but sometimes, one does not see the popup.

In the configuration settings of KPSP, did you disable all of the eye-candy? 

I have run out of ideas and I listed all of the probable causes/solutions of an ntdll.dll and mscvr80.dll crash that I found on the Internet in the AVSIM CTD Guide.  You can also try repairing a possible corrupted User Profile as described in the AVSIM CTD Guide.  If that does not work, then your last solution is to reinstall Windows and then FSX and then all of your add-ons.  Ugh!

Best regards,

Jim

I'm still kinda working on it.  I wanted to take a break from CTD land and do some actual flying.  Everything has worked well avoiding PSP, or keeping it removed.  I will try a couple more things, but I'm honestly thinking about switching to P3Dv4 once all my favorite add ons are compatible and seeing if that allows it to work.

I saw a post on the Orbx forum about some performance issue with PSP and he was advised to remove some files until the update could be pushed out.  I just don't know if that still applies and I've yet to receive a response on their forum :-/

- Chris

Notice anything?  :happy:

So, I had resigned myself to it being KPSP, even though that seemed ridiculous given all my other add-ons.  Anyhow, I removed PSP and went back to flying.  Problem was, an attempt to run the PMDG 747 from LAX to SEA ended in a freeze on final!  Not happy.  So I began to consider other issues.  I rolled back my graphics driver all the way to 376.33.  The newer versions were all giving me a crash was my suspicion after reading about the freezing issue.  As soon as I rolled back, I flew a default plane from KRIV into PSP (Orbx) without an issue, so I decided to try tonight in the A2A and see how VNY to PSP went.  Smooth sailing!

It's weird, because prior to rolling back, I had flown a handful of A2A flights into payware aiports, and even took the PMDG NGX from PHX to SNA. 

2017-5-29_22-49-24-622.jpg

2017-5-29_23-5-16-324.jpg

- Chris

I'm using the latest NVidia display drivers and not having this issue with Orbx SoCal and KPSP.  But, glad to see you might have found a fix for your problem.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM