Sign in to follow this  
Jimm

11.02b1a Released

Bug fixes

Fix for a crash when opening Flight Configuration while AI flies your aircraft.

Fixed Nvidia threaded optimization overriding user preference.

Accept empty airspace names instead of crashing.

Log unknown lines of airspace files to make debugging airspaces easier.

XPD-7878 New AIM-7 for the F-4.

XPD-7908 Removing 2k limit on projector screen.

XPD-7973 Duplicate reflection with maximum reflection ren setting.

XPD-7983 Crash when using map on three monitors.

XPD-7988 2-D panels no longer draw on offset extra monitors.

XPD-7992 Fix for not providing all assignment options on buttons-grouped-as-hat-switches.

XPD-7996 Stop dropping plugin-controlled AI aircraft.

XPD-7999 Fix location provider self test.

XPD-8001 Increase dims on joystick datarefs.

XPD-8002, XPD-7947 Clamp dot products in shader to prevent NaNs and ugly black artifacts.

XPD-8005 XPLMSetDestinationFMSEntry(REFID) broken.

XPD-8010 Restore self-test command line options.

XPD-8023 Beacon light comes on even when the battery switch is off.

XPD-8032 Adds MTBF failure enable for plugins.

XPD-8036 We no longer take the aircraft’s word for it that weapons exist.

XPD-8040 Crash when “XCARR” is entered as location.

XSG-2872 XP11 Default GPS & FMS only list Land Airports.

I am pleased to report a little better fps increase, better load times to decrease stutters. 

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Great to hear!  Most people at the Org are also reporting higher fps.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I have never tried Xplane, I only know fsx.  I want to try the demo and see what Xplane is all about. Does any one know if the demo gets updated to 11.02b1a so I  can try  this better version? I also dont see an Avsim tweek guide and config guide for Xplane 11 like  they do for Fsx and Prepar3d.... is Xplane so good that folks don't need to spend hours of time tweeking and fiddling with settings? 

20 minutes ago, JeffDavis said:

I have never tried Xplane, I only know fsx.  I want to try the demo and see what Xplane is all about. Does any one know if the demo gets updated to 11.02b1a so I  can try  this better version? I also dont see an Avsim tweek guide and config guide for Xplane 11 like  they do for Fsx and Prepar3d.... is Xplane so good that folks don't need to spend hours of time tweeking and fiddling with settings? 

Hi Jeff,

As a devout FSX/P3D user I took a chance and tried the early release of X-Plane. I was so impressed by it I actually purchased v11! It is "different" compared to FSX/P3D so expect a little learning curve but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it pretty quick. I'm 99.99% sure when you download the trial version it should already be at 11.02b1a however, if it's not, you should get a message when you're done installing that there's an update. 

Unlike FSX and P3D there's little to no tweaking needed to squeeze as much performance out of the sim. The only tweaking I've done (using the trial copy) was to test out some settings for the cloud coloring but other than that, I haven't had to touch anything other than the sliders in the UI. I have a "modest" system and get smooth performance but heavy overcast clouds do drag things down so your mileage may vary depending on your system specs.

Given the trial is free you really have nothing to lose to download it, install it and try it out!

Mike 

You will not get this new beta version with the demo.  You'll get 11.01, the latest full release version.  You won't get a message there's an update because it's not a full update, just a beta update.  I don't think the demo lets you opt into beta tests.   In a few weeks, this beta version will likely go full release and then you can try it in demo.  

Like Mike, I recently tried the XP11 demo and although at first wasn't impressed, particularly with performance with all sliders at max, I kept at it and found a good compromise (with most settings at High).  So I bought it.  

Overall, both the visuals and the flight dynamics are a big improvement over P3D/FSX.  There are issues still: no real AI, or ATC, and ground physics (taxiing and takeoff) are bugged.  But the new team seems on top of things pretty well and I feel pretty confident these will be addressed.  

In the meantime, I've been enjoying it much, much more than any other sim I've tried (and I've tried them all).  There aren't that many planes updated for XP11 yet, but the default C172 is actually fairly decent, and I enjoy flying it.  vFlyte's Cherokees are also quite good.  There's a LOT of freeware scenery.  I'm not into the Ortho photo stuff.  The default autogen is quite good.  There's very nice freeware HD mesh, though, and I've downloaded and installed some of that.  

51 minutes ago, JeffDavis said:

LOL, we all twiddle and tweak. Actually that is what a flightsim is for, to see how to tune our computers to be the fastest gun. :-)) No matter how fast it is, there is always more.

1 hour ago, JeffDavis said:

You might want to tweak your Nvidia setting or Amd settings.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

The cloud shadows are not flickering anymore, yeah ! Seeing a bump in FPS too !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I got this earlier today without even knowing one had been released. Gained about 5 fps, now at a solid 35-37 FPS. Nice! Oh by the way, I am maxed out on the settings with the exception of reflections at low. What a pleasure! Good Job XP Dev's!

Bob

36 minutes ago, Griphos said:

You will not get this new beta version with the demo.  You'll get 11.01, the latest full release version.  You won't get a message there's an update because it's not a full update, just a beta update.  I don't think the demo lets you opt into beta tests.   In a few weeks, this beta version will likely go full release and then you can try it in demo.  

There is not single difference between the demo and the full version except the demo version is time limited for each session you load it and only covers ksea area to minimize GBs. Feature wise they are the same.

You can run xplane installer and clic "search for beta updates" and you will be running latest beta version no matter your are demo or full paid version.

• Upvote 1

Manuel Merelles

But there is a difference between the demo and any beta versions.  Now that XP11 is out of beta, when you download the demo, you get the latest full release version, not the beta test versions, which is what today's release was.  To get it, you have to opt into the beta through the installer.  I suppose you could do that for the demo as well.  But I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.  This new beta is a test version and potentially contains bugs.  I wouldn't want someone to try out XP11, find some bugs, and think the program isn't good.  Better to just let the installer install the demo as normal, which would be the full release version.

1 minute ago, Griphos said:

But there is a difference between the demo and any beta versions.  Now that XP11 is out of beta, when you download the demo, you get the latest full release version, not the beta test versions, which is what today's release was.  To get it, you have to opt into the beta through the installer, which you don't get with the demo.  

I'm not sure you can run the installer if you just have the demo version, but I suppose you could download it and try.  

NO this is incorrect.

-free demo vs full paid version there is no single difference except the demo is time limited for the session and only covers KSEA area

-beta vs latest stable release is user selectable on the installer. You clic update, then you have a checkbox for selecting "include beta search" or not. Running the latest beta available or the latest stable release is a user selectable option it has absolutely nothing to do if you are running a free demo or a paid version.

You install the demo version now, enable "check for betas" on the installer and you will be running latest 11.02beta1 version and you will get beta2 or whatever as soon as available as having the full paid version. Difference is time limited NOT the version you can run or when.

Manuel Merelles