Sign in to follow this  
joemiller

Mary did you Know ???

.... Well, even if your name is not Mary, perhaps you can answer the following questions- providing you know the answer, of course. (please excuse me if sound like a newbie; but, maybe I don't have the tech knowledge that some of you see at a distance) Ok, here  we go with the questions. (that song.. "Mary did you know" is now stuck in my head.) :ha: 

-- Will we be able to 'update/upgrade to V-4, or is this going to be a brand new sim, and we'll need to re-install everything from scratch? 

-- Has LM mentioned anything about the sim being able to use multiple cores, rather than single core?

-- Are we going to be able to increase LOD to very high settings so even far away distant terrain  look sharp?

-- And last but not least (well maybe a wish, but who knows)... Will rain/ snow/ falling leaves gradually accumulate where they fall? Like at an airport or  near a field? 

1) no upgrade - a completely new sim

2) don't know but I doubt it

3)yes

4)no

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

7 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

1) no upgrade - a completely new sim

2) don't know but I doubt it

3)yes

4)no

Vic

Hey there, Vic. Now you were faster than a lighting. Thank you for your answers.  So, this means we have very long weeks of formatting, installing , and configuring ahead of us. Sounds good to me. I'm so excited and will surely not miss OOM message. 

31 minutes ago, joemiller said:

So, this means we have very long weeks of formatting, installing , and configuring ahead of us

My plan is to get v4 on day 1 and run v3 and v4 side by side. I'll be getting a new SSD for this purpose. As addons are made compatible with v4, I'll add them one by one while I continue to fly on v3. At some point, enough addons will have made the jump to the point that I'm happy to leave v3 behind. This should help avoid the hours and hours of sitting in front of the computer installing and configuring and getting no flying done.

Walter Meier

4 hours ago, wsmeier said:

My plan is to get v4 on day 1 and run v3 and v4 side by side. I'll be getting a new SSD for this purpose. As addons are made compatible with v4, I'll add them one by one while I continue to fly on v3. At some point, enough addons will have made the jump to the point that I'm happy to leave v3 behind. This should help avoid the hours and hours of sitting in front of the computer installing and configuring and getting no flying done.

I would say this is a very good idea. Hopefully add-ons are quickly made compatible.

5 hours ago, joemiller said:

Has LM mentioned anything about the sim being able to use multiple cores, rather than single core?

P3Dv3 already uses multiple cores as did FSX before it.

13 hours ago, Glynn said:

P3Dv3 already uses multiple cores as did FSX before it.

Seriously ? I thought it did not.  How comes?