Sign in to follow this  
vhufo

System for Prepar3d V4

Hi everyone.

Couldn't believe my timing when I got permission off the Captain to head out and by a new rig for flightsim, when lo and behold Prepar3d V4 is announced the following day!

I'm coming over from FS9 so this is quite a jump for me. 

Anyway below is a system i'm looking at.

Could you please let me know whether this is more than suitable for Prepar3d V4?

I know it hasn't been released, but some of you tech gurus with far better knowledge than i would have some understanding based on what's currently known.

I have a budget of $4000 AUD ($2984 USD, $2668 Euro), this comes in at AUD $3200, and i have to include a monitor/4K TV which obviously leaves me $800 for that.

Just need advice whether this is worth it, overpriced, can i trim fat off some areas and dedicate it to others, say a monitor/4K TV etc.

Your advice is greatly appreciated. 

Cheers,

Andy.

Gaming Intel Full Tower 2160P

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K Kabylake 4.2GHz 8MB No HSF Retail Box

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H115i CPU Cooler

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming LGA1151 ATX Desktop Motherboard

Memory: Corsair 16GB Kit (2x8GB) DDR4 Dominator C15 3000MHz

OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO Series 2.5" 7mm 500GB SSD

Storage Drive: WD Black WD2003FZEX 3.5" 2TB 64MB 7200RPM Desktop HDD

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 G1 Gaming 8GB GDDR5X DVI-D HDMI 3xDisplayPort

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124 24x Black SATA DVD Writer OEM

Sound Card: Integrated - Onboard

Case: Corsair Carbide 600C Inverse Full-Tower Chassis w/Side Panel Window

Power Supply: Corsair RM750x 750W 80PLUS Gold Modular Power Supply

Wireless: ASUS PCE-AC68 802.11ac Dual-Band Wireless-AC1900 PCIe Adapter

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-Bit DVD

7 hours ago, vhufo said:

Just need advice whether this is worth it, overpriced, can i trim fat off some areas and dedicate it to others, say a monitor/4K TV etc.

Your advice is greatly appreciated. 

I'd definitely wait until v4 release before pulling the trigger just to see how system RAM and video RAM dependent v4 is going to be. 16GB and 8GB VRAM just might be a bottle neck.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Up the RAM to 3200mhz+ stuff, and then your only question is whether to shell out the extra on a 1080Ti instead of the vanilla 1080.  Nobody will know whether that will be worth it until P3d comes out tho.  The rest of it, cpu etc is a no brainer and you could always more RAM afterwards if needs be

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Guys, not to open another topic, (i appologize for hijacking this thread) but what 1080Ti would you recommend? Asus? MSI? GIGABITE? Strix? Founders Edition? .... I'm lost here. I have ASUS 1060 Strix right now

Thanks

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

EVGA or Zotac IMO, EVGA has a 10 year warranty I believe, and Zotac has 5

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

G'day Andy,

I have recently built a similar system using the same CPU with an IX Hero board plus 3200 GSkill Ripjaws Ram. Have kept my GTX970 with 4GB video card. At 4.5 P3Dv4 is great & at 5.0Gz overclocked it is outstanding in smoothness & frame rates, for me at least :-)

I was able to fly around KSAN with FTX Southern Calif, FTX US Global plus FTX Global Base pack installed with all scenery & shadow sliders maxxed & seeing smooth performance plus frames in excess of 50fps. This with Orbx weather theme 7 with cloud. I did have tree & building shadows turned off. I was flying the default Bonanza at the time however I did change to the XP Lear25 which can be heavy on frames  (4096 x 4096 texture res) & it was running in the high 20's to low 30's & smooooth! This aircraft at this stage still requires the Optimized Parts turned off in the P3D cfg. file which can cause a frame drop of around 10 fps. Looking forward to getting the PMDG NGX up & running when available with real weather & see how that performs.

Where are you looking at getting your parts? I got my latest bits from MSY. They were a bit cheaper than UMart on a couple of items.

With a 7700K & a good board & graphics card plus 16Gb  3200 Ram P3Dv4 is an excellent performer. You won't go wrong with that system!

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Thanks everyone for your input, much appreciated.

Gday Rossco.  I was looking to get it built by PLE Computers as i'm not that tech savvy.

Would you sacrifice on a monitor/4K TV for the 1080TI?

I've got a budget of $4000 and that rig above sits at $3200 which leaves $800 for the monitor.

Getting the 1080TI would considerably reduce that $800 total.

Or just wait and see what Prepar3d V4 actually produces?

Thanks again everyone.

G'day Andy,

Hadn't heard of PLE Computers before, prices are comparable to MSY with their MB but a little more expensive for the CPU. However if you want it built by them then it narrows your choice a bit but their prices seem OK.

I can't really give an answer on the vid card/monitor issue as I have yet to see a 4K in the flesh.

I'm running a 27" ASUS (not sure of the model number at the moment) & the sim looks pretty spectacular. Personally I would get the card first then look at the monitor at a later date when it'll fit the budget. As said it runs well with my 4GB GTX970 but the new architecture might allow that extra bit by turning on building/tree shadows which cause a hit for me with the autogen so high. When testing is over & I'm just flying I'll turn the autogen down a bit & then turn on the shadows. Autogen in this sim is massive with a new control to expand the visual range!

I believe we are only another build away before release of RTM so what I'm seeing in V4 is pretty close to the final I expect & as mentioned I reckon your proposed rig will run it sweetly. The 7700K is a beast!! I upgraded from a 4770K & the difference in smoothness & frames was more than I expected. I was running the 4770 @ 4.3Ghz most of the time, 4.5 during cooler months. The 7700K seems quite happy at 5Ghz & with any luck you will be able to hit that number too. You will need that AIO water cooler though. I'm using a Thermaltake 3.0 Riing which does the job nicely.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

49 minutes ago, vhufo said:

Would you sacrifice on a monitor/4K TV for the 1080TI?

You can get 4K TV's now under $800.  The difference between the 1080 and TI looks to be ~$200-300.  I think you'd still be able to get a good 4K with what's left over($500-600).

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024