Sign in to follow this  
Devil 505

Carenado Cessna CT182T Stuttering

I recently purchased the retail (boxed) version from a 3rd party on-line retailer of the Carenado Cessna CT182T. No problems with install and FSX then loads aircraft without any error messages. However this is where the trouble starts. About 5-10 minutes into a flight the aircraft begins to "stutter" or "hesitate". Tried a bunch of different workarounds like setting the graphics sliders a little lower. Searched the Carenado knowledge base and tried the suggestion of altering the settings in the Carenado Navigraph folder which also did not work.

I don't think my computer is the problem. Brand new, plenty of power, capacity and only used for flight simming. It has Windows 10 and runs FSX plus "Acceleration" without any trouble. I have a bunch of other Carenado aircraft which function without any problems so I don't understand what's wrong here. I have seen a couple of other posts where others have described a similar issue with this aircraft which something called Carenado SP 20130813 helped a great deal.  Again I bought the boxed version and don't see a patch on the support section of the site for the CT182 patch? Any suggestions?

On 5/24/2017 at 1:22 AM, Devil 505 said:

Again I bought the boxed version and don't see a patch on the support section of the site for the CT182 patch? Any suggestions?

If you purchased the "boxed version" from a store like PC Aviator, you can usually go to that store's support section, give them the details of the purchase, and they will probably link you to a place where you can download an updated version.  You might even be above to go directly to Carenado support and tell them about the purchase and see if they will provide an update.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10