Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Radar Contact and P3D v4

On 10/06/2017 at 2:04 PM, Suniram said:

In which window is it displaying fro you?

I only get it working in that green P3D window and dont know how to toggle it on and off

It was working in another window in P3D V3...

Same for me.  I can't get the window that RC4 displays in to close/toggle.  Any help greatly appreciated!!

I just saw that according to FSUIPC documentation the former RC-window is still not implemented in FSUIPC5, but probably will be in the future...

Meanwhile it displays in the default green P3D window

Anyway if somebody knows how to toggle it on and off.....would be good to know

On 6/16/2017 at 1:53 AM, Suniram said:

I just saw that according to FSUIPC documentation the former RC-window is still not implemented in FSUIPC5, but probably will be in the future...

Meanwhile it displays in the default green P3D window

Anyway if somebody knows how to toggle it on and off.....would be good to know

It's sort of a PITA sometimes. Even though it is not showing sometimes, use your keyboard to call it back onto the screen , press 1 to get a clearance and it should pop. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I'm having a problem where I run Makerwys 4.82 in P3Dv4 root directory, but RC4 is not seeing the updated runways at FSDT KORD (eg 28/10).  P3Dv4 sees the afcad and all the runways.   I have latest version of Loorby's Addon Manager installed and it sees the two addon airports I've added so far (FSDT KORD & KDFW).  However, the Rwys.txt file in the P3Dv4 root directory does not show the updated runways. 

Anyone have this problem?  Also, anyone know which file RC4 reads for the runway data, perhaps Rwys.txt?

Thanks.

Edited 6/30/17 @ 1353Z:  Please disregard, I thought I had v4.82 but instead discovered it was v4.80.  Using Makerwys v4.82 solved the problem.  All is well!

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

runways.txt is a log of what makerunways has done. It is very handy for tracing difficulties. In that file look for "airport KORD" as an example. A default airport has one section and an add-on at least two - a deletions section followed by the added data section not necessarily adjacent sections. The last entries for that airport show the priority and what makes into the specific application oriented data files such as r4.csv used in the data folder of RC. Note that runways.txt sections show the path to the scenery files.

It is a huge file so use Wordpad, not Notepad, to examine it.

I'm having  no  problem when I run Makerwys 4.82 in P3Dv4 root directory, but when I start  RC, and load the flight plan I got  

run time error 75  Radar Contact.FSUIPC.rcv4code

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

When building the scenery database do you have the path when queried set to your P3Dv4 folder. Are you run RC by starting it with run as admin  for its .exe file? (That could also be set-up in the shortcut to rcv4.exe properties. Do it twice in the first property window and then in the advanced property window.) Did the r4.csv file get built in RC's data folder? You have to run the scenery rebuild to get the makerwys data copied and converted into the rcv4/data folder.

Be sure all the paths are set correctly.

If it happens on trying to load the flightplan into RC, make sure the path to the plan file is set correctly. For fsuipc to be running, you must have a flight loaded into P3D electronics on typically parked at a gate, Then you can start RC.

Error 75 means path not found, file not found, or no access due to privilege, Be sure the .pln file you load into RC ends in .pln as converted from the different file extension used by P3Dv4 by fsuipc. RC gets a .pln file and p3dv4 get a different extension.

Be sure you have the correct version of FSUIPC 4 (for 32 bit P3Dv4) or FSUIPC5 (for 64 bit P3dv4). Everything can be acquired from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

Thanks for your reply Ronzie, it seem that I did not run it as administrator now, I can use the RC with P3D version 4.

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Another question , is it possible to make the time shorter for take off, what I mean after requesting the Runway it takes a long time to get clearence ready for take off.

John Liem

1. Try to use RC's selection for runway take-off so you are in sync with arriving AI aircraft.

2. I do not know if any add-on utilities specifically for P3D are available for spacing out arriving aircraft so take-off aircraft can be interleaved with arrivals reducing the take-off queue. aismooth version 1.2 worked with FS9 and FSX. It works with fsuipc3 and 4 so maybe it might work with P3D4. It will register what it needs with fsuipc.

The only version of 1.2 I found is here:

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fsx-utilities-84/aismooth-v1-20-8268.html

Set the language to English so you can read the instructions.

Supposedly another later version was issued but under another name that works with P3D.

3. Reduce your percent of ai traffic.

Search the Internet for AI Traffic Separation for FSX.

It might be best to post in the P3D forum here.

Okay thanks for the url very usefull indeed, I reduced my percent of AI Traffic.and I use FSUIPC registerd, in which part of FSUIPC do I have to set to  sync with arriving AI aircraft?

I run the Aismooth before the P3D runs, as it said in the manual, but I see also that the Aismooth said that flightsimulator is not running, while it is running, any idea?

John Liem

FSUIPC returns all ai traffic within a specified or maximum radius unless the application instructs otherwise.No sync involved. RC via FSUIPCreads all of the traffic and then "syncs" within certain parameters the the runway the ai are using.

What I meant by sync is that you mentioned that you stated you were choosing your own runway. Just be aware that you might be in conflict with ai.

After starting P3D and if using a weather app allow some time for ai to settle down as some might be arriving based on the default weather before weather from an app takes effect.

Also be aware on starting P3D or FS the first arrivals come in a clump as ai generate within a time window of their scheduled flights and play catch up. Same with departures. They will space out after the crowd has been satisfied. In FS the departing traffic will choose the runway closest to their parking spot pending weather (winds). Runway choice for ai is complicated and that's why RC reads the patterns rather than just going by weather. That was introduced in version 4.

RC does not have any ai control except to avoid ground collisions to some degree. That would be P3D (AFAIK) or FS.

In a separate free application that monitors what ai are doing you get a table running in its own window that shows all ai (by default) that displays the ai assigned runways, stage of flight and distance to the destination (including the anticipated runway and for departures the destination assigned. it is Traffic Look found on the same page of the fsuipc site as makerwys.exe under additional programs. It should run with your version of fsuipc. You can run it in a multiple window with P3D or switch between P3D and Traffic Look. Most of the time  I just use it with an aircraft parked at a busy time of the specific airport I'm interested in. It is a simple install (just unzip the .exe  into a folder you select on the same drive as P3d) and runs without having to register (paid) fsuipc. You'll have to see if it does run with P3D's version of fsuipc (4 or 5).

Here's a US link to aismooth v1.2. Note the description states it works with P3D. However this file is dated about 2006. I searched on the author's name Michael Sagner.on the Internet. There are probably other entries.

• Upvote 1

Thanks again Ron, for your time and the explanation.

John Liem

RC4 on client PC works with P3Dv4, but only for a few minutes.
Then I get run time error 76  Radar Contact.FSUIPC.rcv4code.
What does it mean? Thanks for help.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller