Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Question for the beta testers : CPU muticore usage v4 ?

Multicore or not, after watching Rob's youtube video and seeing frames as low as 15, I will definitely pass. Will stick to my current sim (the other one).

• Upvote 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

6 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Multicore or not, after watching Rob's youtube video and seeing frames as low as 15, I will definitely pass. Will stick to my current sim (the other one).

Rob specifically stated that he had EVERYTHING maxed out. We don't have a system yet that will handle that configuration, especially on a 4K monitor. And frankly, with one or two small exceptions, it was smooth as silk so 15FPS means nothing. Running at normal settings I'm sure all the frame rate junkies will be pleased.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

7 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and to whatever preference they may have.  That being said, it's a comparison of apples vs. oranges as the workloads presented in each case are dissimilar.  P3D v4 running with maxed out sliders and a ton of add-ons is doing a lot more work than "the other sim" which is why it runs slower in this case.  If you value FPS more than you value eye candy, you have the choice to tune the sim to your liking.  You do yourself a disservice by limiting your options to only a single platform.  I personally have almost every flight sim platform and use them all, time permitting.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

If you value FPS more than you value eye candy, you have the choice to tune the sim to your liking.

I value both and have both with my other sim.

Will give it a try if there's a demo available.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

19 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

15FPS means nothing.

right, try that with TrackIr.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

I value both and have both with my other sim.

Will give it a try if there's a demo available.

There probably won't be a demo, but like with all P3D releases, there is a 30 day trial period if I recall.  It might be shorter but there is a return window for sure.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

13 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

there is a 30 day trial period if I recall.

You are quite right Ryan, I totally forgot about that.

Although I'm not interested in having two sims (the other one has all and meets my needs) I will give it a go just to see the new so called features and to see how my pc handles it.

In fact there will be a 90 day free trial! As I understand that you will be able to download whichever version you like free and then once you install it, you will be able to run it for 90 days without having to purchase a product key. So it is not a money back guarantee or a demo (its the full version). So LM have left bought DTG and LR in the halfpenny place in this regard:biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Avidean said:

In fact there will be a 90 day free trial!

Thanks for the tip Dave.

31 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

right, try that with TrackIr.

I have, no problem. if the sim is smooth, TIR is smooth - at least on MY system. If the system is stuttering at 30 so will TIR.

TIR response really seems more attuned to the smoothness of the sim rather than FPS.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

2 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

If the system is stuttering at 30 so will TIR.

Agreed!

I am curious to see if core management has been worked out for the better too, as I've always seen the move to 64bit as not taking as long as it did, but the schedule makes complete sense if they did a complete restructuring to include core work.  My guess is that for future-proofing that it is equally as important as bitness; more memory needs more processing..  It doesn't seem like anyone is able to get more pain (more hurtz) out of their dies, and core cloning is the foreseeable future.  

1 hour ago, Patriot3810 said:

after waiting years for a 64 bit supported platform, i am not as excited as i thought i would be,if the platform looks exactly the same but now with 64 bit,

Did you watch the videos? It does not at all look the same. I never had OOMs myself (I only fly GA and run networked) but the LOD can go to the horizon now (your system permitting) and that ugly limited autogen radius is history. These are two magnificant points users have been demanding over and over. Add lighting and speedtrees and more.

Check Rob Ainscoughs video flying over ORBX SCA.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

5 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Rob specifically stated that he had EVERYTHING maxed out. We don't have a system yet that will handle that configuration, especially on a 4K monitor. And frankly, with one or two small exceptions, it was smooth as silk so 15FPS means nothing. Running at normal settings I'm sure all the frame rate junkies will be pleased.

Vic

Maxed out ORBX NoCal and SoCal regions in specific places is really terrible. There is options to disable some scenery features to gain better perfromance, especially aroun SFO it works well. But even "other sim" with same settings and autogen density I get simular FPS as in P3D. So there is no difference on sim market. And it is not due to 4k monitor as GPU usually struck at about 40-50% load, but CPU perfromance.