Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

Poppet V4 Flight Physics

Hi Elaine,

I hope you are well, just enquiring about the V4 Physics have they changed or been updated in some form compared to V3 or is it all the same?

Has the SDK at least been updated to allow for more Physics in the flight model.

Visually it looks great just hope the flight model has been tweaked at least.

Thanks

Duncan

With the right developer addon, I see no real issues with the current physics and flight model behavior. Its perfectly ok for a fixed base sim. Is it perfect? No of course not.

The default physics doesn't change. However, from what I have seen, P3D V4 allows the plugins to be used outside the sim now. So I am guessing that removes some restrictions presented in ESP sim. Maybe it's possible to see some addons perform better physics outside the box, but able to interact with the sim.

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

Hello Duncan,

For me Flight Physics are the same,  I'm not much of a pilot you see :) 

FYI Poppet... since apparently you're the only expert (after all, he insisted on you responding)... the rest of us are going on holiday! :ha:

• Upvote 4

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

35 minutes ago, WarpD said:

FYI Poppet... since apparently you're the only expert (after all, he insisted on you responding)... the rest of us are going on holiday! :ha:

I wondered if anyone else had noticed, Ed. :biggrin:

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guys.the.reason I.asked Elaine.is.because she has.access to V4. Do you.have access to the new version?

If so also Rob I would be.interested in your views.

Thanks

Duncan

19 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I wondered if anyone else had noticed, Ed. :biggrin:

Vic

While she's busy dealing with all the questions... we get lots more flying time! :biggrin:

Yes, actually I do, Duncan. 

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

4 minutes ago, WarpD said:

While she's busy dealing with all the questions... we get lots more flying time! :biggrin:

Yes, actually I do, Duncan. 

So a question to you ED, is the restrictions presented in ESP sim removed so any aircraft developer has the freedom to develop proper physics without any compromise?

That's a loaded question, to be honest.  What can and can not be done is open to interpretation as well as how much that may or may not impact desired capabilities.

There is certainly a great deal more capability in Prepar3D that allows one to override a great deal of the sim's core physics behaviors, but how far you can push it is probably yet to be determined.  Since Majestic has already made a product that uses custom physics in FSX as well as Prepar3D, I am uncertain I know of what limitations you speak of.  Their Dash 8 Q400 uses it's own physics engine independent of the sim.

As for "without any compromise", that's an impossibility.  In software design, there is always compromise of some type.

• Upvote 2

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Yes, this would be more Ed's area aright

I'm currently creating a guide to have this piece of software running in v4 in a clean and safe way  (safe-ish)  :) 

Thank you, Elaine.  BTW I subscribed to your You Tube Channel (I didn't even know you had one).

• Upvote 1

Stephen Forsgren