Sign in to follow this  
Guest DK8290

USA Roads?

I have a number of products from Flight1, and now that I have Broadband I can download larger packages, such as USA Roads. I wanted to ask first of all whether people still find it worthwhile? I don't see many screenshots of the package any more since it's been so long since it was released, but I've always enjoyed what I've seen posted. Second, is it possible to just have the roads and none of the other features? I use my own environment set, etc, and I don't want to lose them.Thanks in advance for your comments.Regards,John

Id recommend UT USA rather than USA Roads, as UT USA is basically USA Roads with added streams rivers and coastlines, plus great landclass

Guest RonB49

I'm not a big payware purchaser but I have USA Roads and it is one of my favorite addons. Coupled with decent landclass files it allows me to follow familiar roads when flying VFR low and slow and maikes high altitude flights much more enjoyable at night. It also highlights errors and/or omissions in the landclass. But even then, it just looks like a new subdivision under construction.You ask, "Second, is it possible to just have the roads and none of the other features? I use my own environment set, etc, and I don't want to lose them."I don't recall there being anything except roads; those are laid down on whatever mesh and landclass you have installed.Oh, BTW, I too just got broadbanded, my thoughtful daughter gave me six months of RoadRunner as a Christmas gift, but I downloaded USA Roads over a dialup connection (groan). Get it, you'll like it. Phoenix is spectacular ar night as you leave Sky Harbor on 25R. R-

Guest DK8290

I'd also recommend looking at Ultimate Terrain instead. It contains roads but additionally it has detailed coastal shapes and bodies of water (lakes, rivers etc).Also has cool night-time lightingAlthough this is from the UT Canda / Alaska one, check out what it does to just one location (compared to the map)http://www.the-airfield.com/aaaa_misc/St_J..._comparison.gif