Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Are blurries a thing of the past with v4?

A lot of things that didn't seem likely have happened recently, Your Holiness.

3 hours ago, Jiri Kocman said:

LOD have mostly no impact to VRAM, but higher LOD will introduce stuttering and bad berformance and propably OOMs as LOD says how far scenery will be loaded, plus how far will be best textures used. TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP is different.

I think it was said in the AirDailyX video that TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP directly affects LOD and VRAM..  

Here's a pretty good video about scenery improvements.  (Um ... moderator please check out if NSFW because of occasional language ?  No offense meant.)

Blurries are not always a problem of LOD. I think that is a mistaken assumption. Usually it is a result of texture overload, the system can't display the textures fast enough before the next frame and it gets behind. 64 bit or not if your system can't keep up or if you are asking too much from it you will get blurries at some point.

21 hours ago, CarlosF said:

Maaaan, this new 64 bit toy is going to break a few banks and ain't mine I'm referring to...:laugh:

It wasn't long after FSX was released that the markets crashed.

On 5/24/2017 at 9:40 PM, Slayer said:

Videos I saw of V4 looks like microstutters galore. I highly doubt you will push textures even close to what you guys are talking about. Probably need a high end desktop with enough PCIE lanes to handle this. I suspect even a OC Kabby lake won't cut it at high LOD. We will see in a few more days.

I can already hear the swell of complaints that x64 isn't going to be the magic bullet that everyone thought it would be

I  noticed the stutters as well.  64 bit will get rid of common OOM issues, but I rarely ran into OOM with Orbx and GA (mostly RealAir).  Performance and smooth flight is what I am after, and at the moment very little info on this crucial area.  Anyone knows, please chime in.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020