Sign in to follow this  
keithb77

Add-ons at risk

On 6/6/2017 at 7:58 AM, keithb77 said:

Just a small update:

Real Air - Scout works fine except for the 32 bit sound gauge

Keith

Hello Keith:

I tried the LM method using an add-on file to my current location for the Scout in P3Dv3 (same as I did successfully with the Turbine Duke and Lancair), but it did not work. I had no VC and no aircraft model, so I assumed the files were just not compatible.  May I ask how you were able to get it to work?

This is my all-time favorite aircraft in any sim...

Thanks!

Kevin

EDIT:  I figured it out - there are two gauge files associated with the Scout that must be installed in the Prepar3D v4 Gauges folder for the aircraft to work. Once I added those in, everything worked perfectly!  Also, I don't think there is a custom sound gauge with the Scout like with the later RealAir aircraft - the flaps sounds worked fine and everything else could be heard as normal.

Very pleased, as I love this old aircraft and would always find myself gravitating back to it.

If anyone wants to install this via the LM-standard manner (using an add-ons file in your v4 Add-ons folder to point to where you have the Scout installed), the two gauge files that you must manually copy into the Gauges folder in P3D are RASScout07 and RASScout07_Radios.  Without those in the proper location, I had no VC or external model.

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

Good news on both:biggrin:

In Greece so can't check but think I put the ra gauges in a gauges folder in the common add-on's.xml

Cheers

Keith

As is read the Milviz 737 will be ported but not the Ferry thingie

regards

Michael Franz

On 2017-06-06 at 5:15 AM, Anxu00 said:

The excellent RV-7 from BayTower.  I have no idea if it's coded with XML or not. The developer is definitely gone since V1, but up until now, only the transponder needed to be commented out for it to work.

The latest RV-7 installer works, as long as you replace or disable the transponder.

Bert

21 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The latest RV-7 installer works, as long as you replace or disable the transponder.

Did you try Bert?  Mine is v01-06-08 so the latest, as far as I can see.  When I installed it in and do the wing fix, the wing would disappear the moment I do anything, I did disable the GTX transponder, and the plane loads but the wing keep disappearing.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Would love to see the PMDG JS-41 re-done for v4...unlikely though.

• Upvote 1

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

3 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

Did you try Bert?  Mine is v01-06-08 so the latest, as far as I can see.  When I installed it in and do the wing fix, the wing would disappear the moment I do anything, I did disable the GTX transponder, and the plane loads but the wing keep disappearing.

What "wing fix"?

I got a new copy v01-06-08, installed it, changed the transponder and that was it!

Bert

I couldn't believe it at first, but the Baytower RV7 does work!  Right after V4 dropped, I installed it in P3Dv4, saw all the DLL files it uses, then just uninstalled it because I assumed those DLLs would be important. 

Apparently, they are not.  :smile:

10 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

What "wing fix"?

I got a new copy v01-06-08, installed it, changed the transponder and that was it!

Ok, so apparently there are two v01-06-08 ;-)  After I ran the Flight1 instealler and got the installer extract, I then run it and it installed. I Then run the BayTower Config tool, and under the DirectX tab, check the box called "fix missing wing"  which them copy the lic file. So far so good, then I disabled the GTX transponder in the panel.cfg, the plane loads fine, and then when click else where in the VC, the wing disappears.  I don't have this problem with the P3Dv3, only with P3Dv4.  I will redownload the F1 wrapper from the BayTower site and try again.  But if you had it working and fly fine, I don't see why mine would be different.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Anxu00 said:

Ok, so apparently there are two v01-06-08 ;-)  After I ran the Flight1 instealler and got the installer extract, I then run it and it installed. I Then run the BayTower Config tool, and under the DirectX tab, check the box called "fix missing wing"  which them copy the lic file. So far so good, then I disabled the GTX transponder in the panel.cfg, the plane loads fine, and then when click else where in the VC, the wing disappears.  I don't have this problem with the P3Dv3, only with P3Dv4.  I will redownload the F1 wrapper from the BayTower site and try again.  But if you had it working and fly fine, I don't see why mine would be different.

Do NOT run the config tool!

Bert

On 26/06/2017 at 4:42 PM, Bert Pieke said:

What "wing fix"?

I have it working also, rather than disabling the transponder I edited the gtx327.xml file in the btsRV7.CAB file and it works. The edited bit is the part that is causing the crash with the transponder:

<!-- numeric button actions -->
(@xpdrMode) @mdTest &gt;
if{
	<!--
	@zero (@xpdrKey) == (@K0) ! and if{ @keyTest(0.000001, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1) @keyAction }
	@one (@xpdrKey) == (@K1) ! and if{ @keyTest(1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1) @keyAction }
	@two (@xpdrKey) == (@K2) ! and if{ @keyTest(2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1) @keyAction }
	@three (@xpdrKey) == (@K3) ! and if{ @keyTest(3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1) @keyAction }
	@four (@xpdrKey) == (@K4) ! and if{ @keyTest(4, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1) @keyAction }
	@five (@xpdrKey) == (@K5) ! and if{ @keyTest(5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1) @keyAction }
	@six (@xpdrKey) == (@K6) ! and if{ @keyTest(6, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1) @keyAction }
	@seven (@xpdrKey) == (@K7) ! and if{ @keyTest(7, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1) @keyAction }
	@eight (@xpdrKey) == (@K8) ! and if{ @keyTest(8, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1) @keyAction }
	@nine (@xpdrKey) == (@K9) ! and if{ @keyTest(9, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1) @keyAction } 
	-->
}

This case in the Update function refers to a keyTest macro in the same file. Any call to that leads to the crash. As to why it is crashing.. I have no idea.. the abomination that is LUA makes it very hard to follow or debug.

Anyway, commenting that out makes the original transponder work except for the manual entry buttons, all other functions work perfectly.

Coincidentally, I loaded the RV into V4 20 minutes ago, disabled the 327, assigned controls via FSUIPC5 and flew....a fuselage! The prop lever wouldn't behave so I took my own advice and unloaded it. It will be missed. In future I will not try to second guess/try to be a smart arse, with V4 again. I'll wait, like the patient man I am. :dry:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.